Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
Na, Tesco is just down the end of my road so just grabbed some grit instead. Not worth the hassle of dinging it. Van needed to go back up drive aswell.

Just suprised me that it couldn't get up, decent layer of snow, but not that bad.

Soldato
Tyres mate. They do make a hell of a difference, could just even be your pressures. Subaru's are all time 4wd aren't they? With power split 40/60 or something like that?

Soldato
Yeah 4wd plus i locked the diff so 50/50. Yeah will be a mix of the tyres and I think the drive might have iced over from the rain before the snow thinking about it.

Nowt to worry about like. Just I found out scoobies don't go everywhere :p

Soldato
They can depending on driver and tyres. Maybe not locking the diff 50/50 would have helped. Biased more to the front? Can it do that? Not sure on what DCCD can/can't do.

Everytime I see snow I wish I bought a scoob.

Soldato
i have winter tyres on the wrx and we have about 1-2 inches on the ground. i can drive up walls with snow with these tyres ez. idk why those white Scottish people on game of thrones dont use wrx with winter tyres. much easier than climbing a wall.

Soldato
p zero nero crasho off the roado.

I lol'd

Ryan, you are fail. I drove up this just because I could.

kingofthehill.jpg

It's a lot steeper than it looks!

Soldato
I'm tempted to dig drive up so I can get scoob out. It's really bad up here, can't even see van under all snow and I didn't get back from work in it till 11 last night at that.

Man of Honour
Yep, my old man said he could more or less drive normally when we had 6 inches of snow last month (On F1AS2)

I've done that in mine at up to about 40mph, but above that it would start crabbing. And when braking there was a fifty-fifty chance of sliding when you were down to less than walking speed, no matter how careful you were. This is on 225/40/18 Eagle Asymmetric 2s. Any welly at all and it unsticks, even on thin snow. Low profile tyres are always bad in snow.

Soldato
I was out in mine last night getting all kinds of sideways, seriously capable car and very enjoyable!

But then I came unstuck this morning when turning down a tight backstreet to avoid all the parents clogging up the road dropping their kids off, down a little slope onto fresh snow... and slid straight into a concrete post! :eek: :(

sideroadpost.jpg

Bumper is cracked just above the passenger fog light but thankfully all still aligned up so hopefully no damage underneath. I was going to get the front end sprayed anyway but still damn annoying.

Back
Top Bottom