1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here owns a Subaru?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by ScoobyDoo69, Apr 13, 2012.

1. lespaul

Associate

I've a Fozzy STi going in for a rebuild soon which is costing £££ but it's got signs of ring land problems, low compression on 2 and 4. Very good builder in Banbury, going forged pistons while it's there and a few other tweaks. Then 1000 mile run in and then final map.

2. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

RM Performance?

3. lespaul

Associate

That's them, been using them for years and know the guys really well

4. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

Yeah I know them from API days. Good bunch.

5. new boy

Mobster

Well, the car passed its MOT and I picked it up today.

Very glad to have it back!

6. agw_01

Capodecina

Haven't had much time to work on the Scooby recently but made a bit of progress this week.

[​IMG]

Killer B windage tray and pick-up pipe

[​IMG]

EJ25 sump, dipstick tube and dipstick (you can see the larger heat wrapped up pipe here too)

[​IMG]

I was determined to get this off without removing the manifold. Bit of a bugger, and the dump valve pipe hose clip was facing towards the engine! :mad:

Front subframe has had a liberal coating of Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 followed by a few coats of Hammerite black (which was what I was doing before I damaged the sump!). Hopefully fit the radiator, intake hose and my Apexi air filter this week. I've still got a bit more porting to do on the cross pipe before I can fit the manifold. Hopefully be back together next week.

7. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

Looks like you did what I did to get the inlet pipe out :D

Good work!

8. agw_01

Capodecina

Bit of brute force and ignorance never hurt anybody :D

I can't find a split or leak on the old pipe so I'm still none the wiser as to where my boost leak was. Hoping it's just one of those things and by replacing the pipe the leak will have magically disappeared! It wasn't a huge leak, just a whistle when coming on boost and an occasional rev hang at high rpm.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  9. agw_01

Capodecina

New inlet hose now on. I wasn't entirely happy with the fit first time round so took it off again (sucker for punishment!), cut about 3cm off the pipe and refitted. Removed the power steering pump for a bit more clearance and used some silicone spray to help where the hose was fouling on the manifold.

Never doing that again!

10. Meridian

Man of Honour

If it jams, force it. If it breaks then it needed relacing anyway.

Meanwhile, mine decided to blow out the radiator at the weekend. I'm told that this is fairly common. The new rad is in, but I can't pick up the car until next week.

11. agw_01

Capodecina

I got sick of the plastic radiators leaking so bought a Mishimoto which is what started me off on this journey of losing the will to live :D

12. LiamC

Wise Guy

Well, the WRX passed its MOT with no Advisorys - Really thinking of selling it soon though and getting something different.

heres a little pic :)

[​IMG]

13. Jumper118

Mobster

pic doesnt work :p