Who makes the best Baked Beans :)

Permabanned
OP
Does anyone else tend to buy the supermarket fresh Microwave mashed potato these days instead of making their own?
How far does the laziness go though, Who else thinks sod it and buys the pre chopped onion and carrot when thinking about making mince and tatties?

Soldato
100% Heinz, no contest at all, Branston's are eatable but they still have a weird twangy taste, all the other are disgusting.

Who likes the beans with sausages.

They’re one of my little guilty comfort foods, along with Heinz bolognaise

Those sausages are some of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten.

Does anyone else tend to buy the supermarket fresh Microwave mashed potato these days instead of making their own?
How far does the laziness go though, Who else thinks sod it and buys the pre chopped onion and carrot when thinking about making mince and tatties?

Not quite that lazy yet.

Caporegime
Yes, I prefer it. I cannot stand even the smallest of lumps in mash, but the ready made one is buttery smooth. My personal favourite is this one https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/Product/sainsburys-maris-piper-mash--taste-the-difference-450g

I like to mix a little teaspoon of mustard in with it. Delicious.

Caporegime
100% Heinz, no contest at all, Branston's are eatable but they still have a weird twangy taste, all the other are disgusting.

Those sausages are some of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten.

Not quite that lazy yet.
It’s not about laziness, it’s about saving time and making things a bit easier. A lot of people don’t feel like making mash from scratch after a long day at work.

Permabanned
OP
Anyone else have fond memories of grannies dinners? Scotch broth and lamb? Lentil and Ribs? (ribs used to be a cheap option now a premium?)
A big plate of stew and tatties etc...There is a gap in the market tbh!

Soldato
I've always wished for a normal dinners take away tbh, that would be the ultimate in laziness lol, I would call it, " Just like your granny used to make "

indeed, we have quite the hole in the market for decent proper grub in a takeway/delivery form.

something that's good sustenance rather than junk food but not overpriced posh nonsense.

always wondered how come we've managed to centralize so many things (with the efficiency gains that entails) yet still generally cook on a regular basis. it's eminently possible with schools, hospitals, the military etc all able to cater at that kind of level.

Back
Top Bottom