Who makes the best Baked Beans :)

Caporegime
indeed, we have quite the hole in the market for decent proper grub in a takeway/delivery form.

something that's good sustenance rather than junk food but not overpriced posh nonsense.

always wondered how come we've managed to centralize so many things (with the efficiency gains that entails) yet still generally cook on a regular basis. it's eminently possible with schools, hospitals, the military etc all able to cater at that kind of level.
Cafes often do good home made grub, but they close too early. They’re really missing a trick not opening in the evening now.

Associate
An equally important question is how do you heat them up, got to be on the hob for a while, maximum viscosity! Leave the Meekrowavé for something else.

Soldato
Yeah, still Heinz for me. None of the other brands taste like Heinz Beans and I like Heinz Beans on toast.

That said, I often put grate cheese into them nowadays so they're not strictly plain Heinz Beans once that's done.

Soldato
Chef beans and sausages used to be the best brand by far, but they disappeared about 20 years ago. The second best was Heinz London Grill, but that has also been inexplicably discontinued, like Chicken Bovril :(

Soldato
I just get Sainsbury's beans. Start with a small knob of butter, melt that, add the beans, get to a gentle simmer, add a splash of brown sauce/worcester, reduce slightly and remove heat.

Thick beany goodness. Any runny sauce = not good.

Back
Top Bottom