Who needs aircon when you can just open a window?

Man of Honour
Forecasters say temperatures could be 37C (99F) later in the week.

Seriously, aircon = win. Opening windows will simply allow 99F air into your car and have nil cooling effect.

Make sure your next car has air conditioning :D

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Seriously, aircon = win. Opening windows will simply allow 99F air into your car and have nil cooling effect.

Make sure your next car has air conditioning :D

open windows or use loads more fuel due to having an old ineffienct AC system?

ooh, tough one ;)

aircon is a last resort usually, fuel consumption nearly doubles with it on and i cant afford it :p

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Smiley Man said:
open windows or use loads more fuel due to having an old ineffienct AC system?

ooh, tough one ;)

aircon is a last resort usually, fuel consumption nearly doubles with it on and i cant afford it :p

There's definitely something wrong with your car. Aircon on a modern car should have a marginal affect on fuel consumption, even on a tiny engine :).

My current car is the first car I've had in a while with aircon. Good timing eh? ;)

Man of Honour
They've done test. The diffrence between air con and the extra drag crated by open windows at 50mph is almsot identical.

Soldato
Plus anyone who knows anything about anything knows that the cooling effect comes from the air hitting your skin and the sweat evaporating off it. Now at 30-50-70 mph, there is plenty of air to cool you down.

Yes your surroundings are not cool, but keeping the windows down should keep you cool.

Some of us however prefer to bask in climate control goodness! :D

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:

you come out for a day in my car then, and fill it up after ;)

adz - its W reg (2000) so the aircon isnt the most modern, it blows cold but it really hampers the economy, you can notice the extra strain on the engine when you pull off. perhaps halving the mpg was a bit of an exagguration, but it really plays havoc with it when its on

Soldato
I don't have the AC, the only place I would want it is in the seat as my back gets hot. I was in my dad's car and my nipples got really cold and it annoyed me.

But I found in my car it is better if you close the windows and turn the fans on full cold and open the sunroof at an angle so it creates a suction and its cooler than having the windows open.

Soldato
My AC is broke :( I think the compressor has packed in
wasnt working well so I got a re-gassing kit, attached gauge to low side, needle went straight round to the red section :eek: AC keeps cutting out and the engine revs wobbly when the AC is on

T-reg Civic Sport

HELP!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom