Who's your one club legend? Give it up for the little teams.

Soldato
OP
Partick Thistle -

Probably Alan Rough. 410 appearances up to 1982, over 50 caps and a member of the team that beat Celtic 4-1 in the cup final in 1971. Notable mentions in the "modern" football era to Alan Hansen, Mo Johnston and Chic Charnley. Chic still has a lot of affection from Thistle fans and other two went on to greater things.

I loved Chic too although he never really did it for the Saints, still he was great for interaction with the fans as you well know.

Soldato
OP
Associate
It would be easy for me to say Noel Cantwell or Terry Bly but I never saw them play so can't really say they would be my legend although they certainly are legends at the club.

For me it would be Ken Charlery, fantastic goal scorer for the club and his play-off final goals in '92 really made him a firm favourite of mine. Great player and a good guy all round, still involved in the club today.

Soldato
OP
It would be easy for me to say Noel Cantwell or Terry Bly but I never saw them play so can't really say they would be my legend although they certainly are legends at the club.

For me it would be Ken Charlery, fantastic goal scorer for the club and his play-off final goals in '92 really made him a firm favourite of mine. Great player and a good guy all round, still involved in the club today.

What team mate, Peterborough? (from your location)

Associate
Steve Bull
bull.jpg

:D

Soldato
I'm going to go with Gimp on this one. It has to be Giggs. Not because he's been there 20 years playing at the top level at a club where competition for places is always fierce, Not because of the ludicrous number of games he's played, not because of his skills and abilities, not because of his ability to pull minters, not because he's still tearing teams apart only now it's with a pass instead of a dribble...no, I choose him because for the majority of his career he was coveted by all the major European clubs, he could have doubled, even trebled his wages...but he chose to stay with the team he supported since he was a kid. Club legend doesn't even come close to describing it.

Back
Top Bottom