Who's your one club legend? Give it up for the little teams.

Man of Honour
And that's all we've got time for on the Tombstone and Gimp show this week ladies and gentleman. Tune in next week for more hiiiiilarious hijinks!

I dont know if I can turn it into a serial, I'm all puffed out, quite knackering this forum posting lark. :)

If nothing else, its kept a thread which would have disappeared down the page near the top and helped to pass the last hour at work :D

Soldato
12 league championships
4 FA cups
2 league cup
7 charity shield
2 Euro Cup
1 Super cup
1 intercontinental cup
1 world FIFA club cup

Surely this speaks for itself. Not only has he achieved the success with one club, he has played at the top of the game, probably in its most physical form - in the World for two decades. If this isn't a shoe in for THE one club man, I really would like to know what is.

Not to mention, all time Premier League assists holder and the fact he is still winning man of the match medals aged 37.

Man of Honour
12 league championships
4 FA cups
2 league cup
7 charity shield
2 Euro Cup
1 Super cup
1 intercontinental cup
1 world FIFA club cup

Surely this speaks for itself. Not only has he achieved the success with one club, he has played at the top of the game, probably in its most physical form - in the World for two decades. If this isn't a shoe in for THE one club man, I really would like to know what is.

Not to mention, all time Premier League assists holder and the fact he is still winning man of the match medals aged 37.

Nah, that discussion was yesterday, not doing that one again today. :)

Soldato
OP
Kevin O'Connor - Brentford

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_O%27Connor_%28footballer_born_1982%29

Played 380 league games for us, plus countless cup games and others. Had his testimonial when he was 28 years old!! Also he's pretty much played in every position across defense, midfield and up front.

Very dependable footballer, but has developed an aversion to passing the ball forwards.

Thats the kind of guy the thread was created for. My original post - he had a testimonial for us when he was 27.

I wonder how many players have ever had two testimonials.

Soldato
Thats the kind of guy the thread was created for. My original post - he had a testimonial for us when he was 27.

I wonder how many players have ever had two testimonials.

Yep, we've not had a long-serving player like him for quite some time. The last one (Jamie Bates) was a complete nutter, but not a bad centre back. I can't imagine there will be too many players like him in the future, as player recruitment is so fast paced and easily accessible nowadays.

Soldato
Partick Thistle -

Probably Alan Rough. 410 appearances up to 1982, over 50 caps and a member of the team that beat Celtic 4-1 in the cup final in 1971. Notable mentions in the "modern" football era to Alan Hansen, Mo Johnston and Chic Charnley. Chic still has a lot of affection from Thistle fans and other two went on to greater things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom