Why aren't there MOWO (Music of White Origin) awards?

daz

daz

Soldato
It's about celebrating musical genres, not about the colour of any performers skin. As can be seen by people of all colours winning awards year in, year out.

I don't see why so many middle class white people on this forum get so angry at so many non-issues in society. Some of the people in this forum are so privileged in life and yet can't see the wood for the trees.

Soldato
It seems to me that those calling for a MOWO awards wants awards based on the colour of the skin, rather than the roots (supposed or otherwise) of the music.

Man of Honour
to the op...

it's because us whites don't have very large chips on our shoulders

*opens can of worms*

if your black, get over it.. very few people actually care, I could not care less. im white, and I don't walk about moaning about my colour

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;12705377 said:
You are joking, most of the music in the charts is of this type?

That wasn't the case when the MOBOs started though.

I guess they could change the name now but it's been called that for years and might be detrimental to it's popularity. After all you still have a Mercury Music Prize even though Mercury Communications ceased to exist years ago!

Mat

Mat

Soldato
to the op...

it's because us whites don't have very large chips on our shoulders

*opens can of worms*

if your black, get over it.. very few people actually care, I could not care less. im white, and I don't walk about moaning about my colour

Interesting point though... that chip on their shoulders may well have been secured there by the action of slave labour and the white supremacy of centuries gone by... You dont moan about your colour because your general history isn't marked by the very real subjugation of your ancestral race. Having said that its about time the actions of generations past be put to rest even if they're not forgotten.

Have a nice day :)

Soldato
Interesting point though... that chip on their shoulders may well have been secured there by the action of slave labour and the white supremacy of centuries gone by... You dont moan about your colour because your general history isn't marked by the very real subjugation of your ancestral race. Having said that its about time the actions of generations past be put to rest even if they're not forgotten.

Have a nice day :)

Black people can't keep using the past to constantly have a go at white people like a lot of them do, if they are so against racism then why are they themselves are being racist by doing this? :mad:

Soldato
You whine because you are simpletons. Black people generally in the UK and the USA are some of the poorest performing people in terms of education therefore are more likely to be poor as a result. To have some role models to aspire to is only a positive thing for them to inspire them to improve their lot in life. If it needs a minority award to make a minority feel better about themselves then so be it.
Role models? Black music? O...kay....:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/archive/2635959.stm (old link I appreciate, but you get my point).

Furthermore, the fact they need different role models - based on colour - I find intrinsically racist and offensive. I do NOT choose my role models based on creed, colour or religion.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Roll models? Black music? O...kay....:

Are you trying to correct Bear here? Roll as you have written it would refer to rolling over or a bread roll, role as Bear spells it refers to a defined category such as a job role or role playing.

Can you find it? I can't seem to.

Certainly although it was labelled as the Black Police Association tells.... I'm not about to paste it all in here though, for anyone who is interested enough they can read the link, anyone unwilling to do that probably wouldn't be swayed by the huge wall of text regardless.

Back
Top Bottom