Why do people buy Rustlers microwave burgers?

Caporegime
Okay seriously now, I bought a couple out of sheer curiosity, to see just how bad they are. Nothing, I repeat, nothing, could have prepared me for the absolute abomination that these people call "burgers"...

I microwaved it in exactly the way the packaging described, for the right amount of time, and it came out at a temperature not dis-similar to that of the surface of the sun, and smelling like an old shoe.

Now at this point, any expectations I may have had, were well and truly lessened.

After about 48 hours, when it has sufficiently cooled, I bit into it.

the "bread" is somehow soggy and rubbery at the same time, and the "meat" somehow manages to taste of something, while making me unsure of what exactly it is.

The experience was traumatic, and squealchy, and not one which I wish to repeat. Surely nobody buys another one after their first? If you are so desperate for a quick meal, at least buy something of similar cost which is vaguely edible?!

Last edited:
Soldato
It's been years since I tried one but it sounds like you may have microwaved it for too long.

The bun was always better toasted instead of microwaved.

The chicken ones were much tastier than the beef burgers in my experience!

Soldato
Fine dining and short time microwaving doesn't go hand in hand :D.

I quite like them but I'd eat anything :( (no not that :p).

You should write adverts :).

Soldato
You're not the target market.

Try the burger again, only this time after 8 hours hard drinking / dabbling in recreational substances and arriving home to no other food available.

I imagine that there's a surprisingly large market for this sort of situation.

Caporegime
OP
You're not the target market.

Try the burger again, only this time after 8 hours hard drinking / dabbling in recreational substances and arriving home to no other food available.

I imagine that there's a surprisingly large market for this sort of situation.

I imagine it would have been much better in such a situation. I shall drink myself to the brink of a coma and then eat the second one, but not today. :p

Damn, now I want one, that Rustlers Deluxe with Bacon and Cheese as it no doubt better than McD's beef menu.

It really wont be. I would class McDonalds as "fine dining" in comparison. The difference is night and day, and that is an alarming thought.

Back
Top Bottom