• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why do people chase 4K gaming?

Soldato
To be fair the entire thread is nearly filled up by the two of us :p

Fair enough mate. But just before I go, I just want to say:

To further add to the debate; and this is pretty much just anecdotal evidence based on observations from polls on tech sites (might not represent average joe), more people seem to be buying 4k vs 21:9 than the other way around.

:p:D;)

I am sure someone not following the thread will read this post out of context and jump one me. Lol.

Marketing ;)

Associate
I've had my older B7 for well over a year with daily usage on games. Many hdr games with max brightness and bright hud's for several hours at a time and never had an issue with burn or IR. Probably talking 500hrs of gaming on that panel at high brightness.

Sure its a possibily but from my experience if you vary your content. Some TV, some movies, some games. It hasn't been an issue and has been just amazing for games and tv/movies. I've tried QLED and sony 55" and neither come close.

I'm interested in seeing MLED when that comes out and how it compares. However yes will be some years before we see MLED on monitors for sure as i know they are struggling with 55/65" displays as it is.

Same here and I'd take my 55" oled over any projector no matter how big

Associate
4k fo the consumer doesn't really exist, the uninformed watch a few vidieos, read a couple of articles, regurgitate statistics and numbers to their like minded, and refuse to except any conflicting arguement. 4k isn't achievable, and if your told it is, its a compromise at best, yet the suckers keep throwing money into the bottomless pit. Nvidia saw them coming. It always raises a smirk when they boast about their 4k RIG, yet, its always wiped away when you ask them how this elusive 4k was achieved

Soldato
4k fo the consumer doesn't really exist, the uninformed watch a few vidieos, read a couple of articles, regurgitate statistics and numbers to their like minded, and refuse to except any conflicting arguement. 4k isn't achievable, and if your told it is, its a compromise at best, yet the suckers keep throwing money into the bottomless pit. Nvidia saw them coming. It always raises a smirk when they boast about their 4k RIG, yet, its always wiped away when you ask them how this elusive 4k was achieved

What?

Soldato
I dont feel like i chase. I game on a 4k 40 inch monitor and i love it and im able to get all the performance that i want out of my 1080ti at that res. I dont need aa so that gets disabled and that nets me aload of FPS to hit the 60 i need.

And yes ive gamed on 120htz monitors and they are great but there is no substitute for 4k sharpness in my eyes.

Caporegime
OP
Each to their own but image quality is more important to me than a large washed out picture

Tip....draw your curtains, turn the lights off and make sure you projector is calibrated. :p

I have an OLED TV and 120” screen using a projector. The projector blows away the TV.

Yep. I hear you bro :D
This is easyrider right now:

KrAl1.gif

:p

Lol :p

Absolutely agree, good speakers, amp and sub makes the experience incredible.

Yep, I watch TV stuff like Maniac, on Netflix on my TV but movies my projector gets all the love. So much more immersive on a 120” screen.

With a decent sound rig and amp....none of this tv bar nonsense lol

Soldato
Tip....draw your curtains, turn the lights off and make sure you projector is calibrated. :p

Yep. I hear you bro :D

Lol :p

Yep, I watch TV stuff like Maniac, on Netflix on my TV but movies my projector gets all the love. So much more immersive on a 120” screen.

With a decent sound rig and amp....none of this tv bar nonsense lol

Absolutely, Breaking Bad is awesome on a projector but I watch moves 90% if the time. Have you see Meru?

http://www.merufilm.com/

Incredible on a big screen :)

Last edited:
Associate
4k on my 55" TV is glorious, and it's not even an expensive TV. Going back to 1080p on my monitor is like going back to the stone age. Then again I'm not an esports gamer so horses for courses I guess.

4k and VR are the future of gaming. The tech will get better, the prices will come down and it will be a slow journey. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.

Back
Top Bottom