Why don't people add RAM to loop?

Caporegime
Yeah because water is great on your gpu and motherboard.

You could easily have a solid block throughout the psu with the tube connections external.

Never said it was great but chances are it would only take out that component, water in the PSU however would likely blow your whole rig.

I just don't see how it would be required, just buy a PSU with great efficiency and rated well above the power draw required and it's never going to get hot or the fan spin up to levels any higher than fans on a radiator.

Associate
You would think so, fans utterly silent.

I've actually got the EK monarch kit on my RAM... but it's not in the loop just aesthetically looks ace with the nickel plates.

Have you got any pics of these? I was going to do the same with an XSPC kit but just seen the nickel from EK and that might look quite nice.

Soldato
Have you got any pics of these? I was going to do the same with an XSPC kit but just seen the nickel from EK and that might look quite nice.

Looks very nice, after modifying my Asus Board from its white/blue needed to ditch the stock blue heatsink on my Corsair RAM:
IMG_1419_zpsqsqmitgm.jpg

In the full build before completing, shines nicely:
IMG_2398_zpsm37ntek8.jpg

Less close up working rig:
IMG_2510_zps1w8b8wc2.jpg

No point connecting them to the already complicated loop though, just like how they match my GPU backplates which are also EK Nickel. Don't forget to align the plates so the EK logo is where you wanted it when installed, arranged mine so the outside sticks both have it visible in the same location.

Associate
Looks very nice, after modifying my Asus Board from its white/blue needed to ditch the stock blue heatsink on my Corsair RAM:
IMG_1419_zpsqsqmitgm.jpg

IMG_2398_zpsm37ntek8.jpg

IMG_2510_zps1w8b8wc2.jpg

No point connecting them to the already complicated loop though, just like how they match my GPU backplates which are also EK Nickel. Don't forget to align the plates so the EK logo is where you wanted it when installed, arranged mine so the outside sticks both have it visible in the same location.

Wow mate that is an amazing build!

Really like those EK nickel ram blocks.

Thanks for the pics :)

Man of Honour
IMG_1419_zpsqsqmitgm.jpg

IMG_2398_zpsm37ntek8.jpg

IMG_2510_zps1w8b8wc2.jpg

I love the copper pipe, it looks great. Is that 12mm pipe? Did you polish the pipe and then laquer it?

Soldato
I water-cooled mine just as at the time was going overkill. If they had blocks for my mobo I will have probably done that to.

Won't bother doing it again as the blocks and extra bits needed cost more than my ram.

Associate
I feel left out.. been cooling ram for a few years now.. because why not? when your trying to improve your rig .. why not :D

theres only so much you can do watercooling wise :D

I would have watercooled the MB too but the block was ugly

Sem

Sem

Soldato
i would never watercool ram because if one stick fails you need drain the loop just to get the thing out

if water cooling the ram meant you can run them at speeds a lot faster than stock like 500MHz + then maybe

Soldato
I feel left out.. been cooling ram for a few years now.. because why not? when your trying to improve your rig .. why not :D

theres only so much you can do watercooling wise :D

I would have watercooled the MB too but the block was ugly

For some reason your post reminded me of the early days of watercooling. I remember having an Eheim pond pump, car radiator, garden hose and diy blocks, all held together with jubilee clips.

Associate
For some reason your post reminded me of the early days of watercooling. I remember having an Eheim pond pump, car radiator, garden hose and diy blocks, all held together with jubilee clips.
Well I'm still using the Eheim pump ... they have got a lot more flashy now thou, even includes rpm and water coolant sensors.

Associate
Ah, they were the days. Still got the old 240v pond pump and relay setup, plus the car heater matrix. I went for a DD maze 4 block and they little right angle GPU block as they had just come out.

Back
Top Bottom