Why is my PC performing so badly, when I've spent so much money on it?

Soldato
Can you post a screenshot of the different tabs from CPU-Z

And what are you currently monitoring temps with?

Got all your power connectors plugged in correctly? E.G GFX has PCIE Power connectors - mobo has 8pin EPS and 24 Pin ATX connected?

Got your graphics card in correct PCIE slot?

Associate
OP
Can you post a screenshot of the different tabs from CPU-Z

And what are you currently monitoring temps with?

Got all your power connectors plugged in correctly? E.G GFX has PCIE Power connectors - mobo has 8pin EPS and 24 Pin ATX connected?

Got your graphics card in correct PCIE slot?

https://imgur.com/a/PEbdIsi

Scaling on CPUz is pretty bad at 1440p lol.

Hwmonitor/hwinfo and coretemp, they all state the same. Yes all power connectors are plugged in correctly.

72 is a bit high so is 60 for that matter.

60c is too hot at full load on a 8700K?

These are full load temps.

is that at idle ?

Full load.

Is xmp profile enabled for RAM ? Needs to be done in Mobo BIOS. Default is disabled just set it to XMP profile 1

Yes, profile 1 XMP is enabled, 2666MHZ

Associate
OP
I've found the problem I believe, but I can't fix it.

Frametimes in games is unreal. Here's some frametimes in Conan Exiles.

unknown.png

Associate
That jump in pagefile usage would indicate a lack of ram - so definitely check the ram usage (both main-board and GPU). With a spike like that and corresponding dip in frame rates I suspect the ram on the GPU may be faulty.

Associate
OP
That jump in pagefile usage would indicate a lack of ram - so definitely check the ram usage (both main-board and GPU). With a spike like that and corresponding dip in frame rates I suspect the ram on the GPU may be faulty.

This may be relevant. Its funny you mention that, when I try to OC the memory on Afterburner, as soon as I click apply I get a split second of artifacting, even underclocking memory gives the same result, overclocking the core clock on GPU doesn't give artifacts. Did a memtest on my onboard RAM and that returned no issues.

Would you say its definitely VRAM based on this?

Soldato
What have I tried?
2. I've tried using onboard graphics, however I can only obtain a max of 60hz because my monitors only allow 60hz under HDMI and my mobo doesn't have a DP - This test is pointless.

Although you've dismissed this as pointless, was Windows still stuttery when running from the onboard graphics at 60hz?

Unless Afterburner is reading it incorrectly, your page file usage seems insane at a minimum of 7GB used and max of 15GB. It's possible that a driver or similar is causing a memory leak. What's your page file actually set to?

Associate
OP
Although you've dismissed this as pointless, was Windows still stuttery when running from the onboard graphics at 60hz?

Unless Afterburner is reading it incorrectly, your page file usage seems insane at a minimum of 7GB used and max of 15GB. It's possible that a driver or similar is causing a memory leak. What's your page file actually set to?

Page file is set to windows automatically set, around 3GB I believe.

Back
Top Bottom