Why is OCUK the best forum on the web?

Caporegime
It’s the only place I’m aware of that:

1) Read about PC’s and PC builds, gaming, and of course overclocking
2) Moan about Donald trump
3) Read about people’s lives and issues
4) Browse Merlins scones and Craig’s dishes when he’s allowed out
5) Look at cars, find out how to fix a 2002 Astra (if I had one!) but browse other cars and bikes, including seeing what’s car Acme has bought for £3.50 and watch fox patronise people just because he feels like it.
6) Laugh at so many people ‘debating’ (read arguing - no names but you know who you are)
7) Check out what people thought of shows or films before deciding whether or not to give them a go
8) Sporadically pop into the sports zone and look at some people’s gym logs and push bikes which look amazing

The list goes on.
I love to watch Fox defend BMW’s from the riff-raff by telling everyone any BMW that’s more than ten years old is an unreliable heap and shouldn’t be bought and the best car in the world is a 530d.

Soldato
One of the main things for me is how active it is, some forums your lucky to get a reply here your very unlucky if you don't within an hour.

Such a variety of topics as well.

Caporegime
It's a really good forum but I don't like the avatar pics. It makes who posted what confusing.

Luckily for us the admins thought of that and added a little section right above the pics where the poster's name is written :p

I love to watch Fox defend BMW’s from the riff-raff by telling everyone any BMW that’s more than ten years old is an unreliable heap and shouldn’t be bought and the best car in the world is a 530d.

I've never had the honour of meeting Fox but I suspect he drives a silver 530D and has all his cards placed in alphabetical order in his wallet.

Soldato
Well I've hung around a while, it's a good forum but I remember it being a lot better, maybe that's my memory a little rose tinted, some will just argue about any comment you make and you end up not posting because of Afew numptys

Soldato
The forum is great for having its little niches. Recently I’ve been chatting guitars, documenting my play through of the Resident Evil games, talking about coronavirus stuff... lots of cool things.

Doesn’t seem to be as many forum generated memes these days - I think Gucci belt is the most recent one? :p

I can’t get in with Reddit at all... any discussion which isn’t presented in chronological order should be banished.

This for me, whatever your hobby/interest there's someone to share thoughts on here without then having to go out looking for more specific forums.

Soldato
Not even close.

This really.

It's part of why these forums are quite well moderated because the number of mods versus content is very manageable.

Head on over to the MSE forums where there's thousands of people every day making one post threads and then never following up on questions etc. The moderating team there don't even bother reading posts, they only respond one other users have reported posts.

Soldato
Speaking personally as I was a late joiner but it I moved to this Forum after my previous forum basically had no activity. Then the more I stayed here the more I realised it has such a diverse (Ha) range of posters that it's sometimes intimidating to post as 99% of the time there are people who know more about things than me so if often just makes for good reading rather than posting.

I learnt all about watercooling when i first found the forums and didn't sign up then other little bits and bobs about PC. Then I stumbled across the 'Life' section and from cooking a perfect naan bread with a pan to buying a house, I've learnt a hell of a lot from this forum. Hell, this place was one of the most encouraging places and had a wealth of knowledge to help me passing my motorbike test. Whatever I want to know, this forum probably has a thread on it waiting for me already. The only other Forum I use is a motorsport one but even then, I probably post more in the F1 threads set up here than I do anywhere else apart from Reddit.

A handful of users I've disagreed with but I don't think there is anyone I actively dislike I just know which names to stop reading posts of and which threads to stay out of.

Caporegime
Been browsing this forum for nearly 17 years :eek:

I've been regular members on other forums on and off but always on OCUK. Like others, I like it, I've spent countless hours exchanging nonsense and luls with others on here. Many of which through various meets I got to know personally. One of which in particular I call my best friend (<3 @-westy- )

It's a good place. Decent enough moderation which keeps in check and the whole community not only has it expanded, it has also grown. It is a place where people feel the confidence to open themselves up on a very personal level, which speaks volumes about the community, really.

Bloody brilliant place tbh. :)

809.png

Man of Honour

I own a 19 year old BMW and rarely recommend a 530d unless someone specifically asks about them to be fair :p

Associate
Came here for the computer techie info and advice, stayed because of the personalities and the variety of different topics discussed here.....

Soldato
I lurk on Arrse and Pprune, but only post here. I used to post on another (American) messageboard but got fed up with the left-wing bullying.

Back
Top Bottom