Wierd question about scrap

Man of Honour
If i hav no use for something, and will not make any money from it, then i dont mind giving it to someone else for free as long as they have the decency to ask. If i have something that would simply get nicked if i put it outside due to not having room inside for it any more, then in my opinion i would rather have it broken and recycled, then nicked and reused.

Do you just put it outside the house or actually on the street? If the former then I can sort of understand your issue, if the latter then I don't really see the grounds on which you object.

Soldato
rofl

What?! :D

Deary deary me

Sorry, I have to explain myself here as I think people have misunderstood my statement a bit here.

I'm not pathetic, or self absorbed, I live in quite a rough area, and more often than not, when we put our rubbish out. We'll get people coming along, opening up our rubbish bags and taking anything that they deem valuable. Now dont get me wrong, I'm throwing it away, I don't want it anymore. But, I do object to people just strolling up to my house, strolling down my driveway, and then going through my rubbish. All without asking

Like I said, I donate to charity shops, give stuff to my neighbours, the only thing I object to are these people who crowd round outside my house and look through my rubbish bags or other stuff to get a freebie simply because they dont want to pay for anything themselves

If I lived in a better area it really wouldnt bother me

So have your rolleyes back you jumped up little ****

Damn dood. You need to move.

Soldato
An utterly putrid attitude to have in life and one you should be thoroughly ashamed of!
My mother would be completely disgusted if I or any of my brothers and sisters did something as pathetic and pointless as that!!
I think some of those words are a bit strong. He destroys his old stuff that he has paid for to use and do with as he wants, it may not be what I or others would do, but that's his choice, lets put this into perspective he's not a rapist, murderer, drunk driver or paedo. :D

anyway back on topic...does anyone know the current values /kg for scrap metals? brass in particular as I have a few kg at home that I kept from a job I did and was wondering what it's worth.

Back
Top Bottom