Wii U

Caporegime
The thing is though, I really don't see sony's and ms's next consoles making a huge leap in graphics for their next console. I think what the wii u can do is fine. Its HD and thats all that matters. If they can make games like kirby and mario look better than games on the 360 and ps3 then surely they can something special with the wii u.

I'm actually really looking forward to playing games on the wii u. Todays graphics are good enough IMO, its just the frame rate I think needs to be better, every game locked at 60 would be perfect. Maybe the wii u can manage this? who knows.

I just wonder what sony and ms will do now. They can't exactly come out with a controller with a screen on it.

The Wii U is, reportedly, going to cost £300-400. That's without BluRay, without a well established online network, without any substantial media partners, without much functionality besides core features. It's a very small upgrade on tech with yet another gimmicky control method. It has all the hallmarks of a failure in the making. The only people who can save it are the Nintendo fans and the casual Wii generation who haven't realised how little they use a console.

Caporegime
I don't know about others, but I only saw the Wii and the Wii U (at least at the moment) as a console for children and women in their 30s. It would have to be a big change to alter that.

Nintendo made some incredible games on the Wii. The trouble is that no one else did. Super Mario Galaxy? Amazing. Metroid Prime 3? Un-fricking-believable.

Anyone saying there's nothing "hardcore" on the Wii has clearly never played MP3.

However, I will agree that by and large there weren't many great titles.

Soldato
OP
The Wii U is, reportedly, going to cost £300-400. That's without BluRay, without a well established online network, without any substantial media partners, without much functionality besides core features. It's a very small upgrade on tech with yet another gimmicky control method. It has all the hallmarks of a failure in the making. The only people who can save it are the Nintendo fans and the casual Wii generation who haven't realised how little they use a console.

A little harsh seeing as how we still know very little about the wii u. I except E3 2012 to be their grand showing of what the Wii U can do.

Associate
But do games really need to have violence and swear words to be enjoyed by adults?

Nope.

It's a common misconception though, and usually subconsious too.

Even though Nintendo like making Mario's, Zelda's etc, they have deviated, not so much on Wii, but DS and prior to that. One notable example is Advance Wars.

Soldato
Saw this and it made me chuckle :p

dorklyWiiU.jpg

Soldato
I think much will depend on the no. and quality of the first party launch titles. If the wii u launches with a truly awesome Zelda or Mario it should do well based on that alone.

Associate
Don't be stupid, same could be said for the Wii and it was a huge success. This console only enhances it's appeal with far better graphics, more standardized controller (it's a little different but it's practically just a normal controller that's larger), it's getting much better 3rd party support and I doubt Nintendo is going to ignore online even if it's not going to do a Sony and MS and have a bunch of crap like Netflix and facebook attached. There will be demo's, trailers, games online etc. as even the 3DS gets these so I imagine they'll make sure the Wii U does.

I'm sorry but if your ignoring it based on such bad rationale your barely what I could consider a gamer. Play games if you like games, hence why if a system that could expand gaming in quite good ways comes out you should be quite interested even if wanting to wait and see how it goes. Seriously, it'll be the new system with the best ports for at least a year, it'll get unique features and if we're lucky it'll get some awesome games too. You say only Nintendo fans and casuals would want it? Well gamers should too because it's a games console so sorry if you fall out of that category.

Soldato

That's funny. This coming from a PS3 owner, which currently is 3rd in the hardware sales dept and the Wii which is 1st.

I'm not here to bash different consoles they all have positives and negatives. So why have, BluRay, a well established online network, substantial media partners, much functionality and core features not helped the to elevate the PS3 (as you kindly put, the Wii-U would fail without all these)?

Also, nobody knows what the Wii-U will bring to the table. I'm looking beyond the specs and mechanics and looking at different intriguing ways this control scheme could/would provide. At 1080p, I can't see any huge leaps forward in the graphics side of things any more.

Back
Top Bottom