• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will OC be supplying the Nvidea Gforce Rtx Super series Gpus?

I don't think ASUS got the memo.
Or they did and just sent it straight into deleted items. Always been an Asus tax though.

All this talk of VRAM is nonsense unless you're running 4k. My 3080 is fine at 3440x1440p Ultra wide with 10GB. Even CP2077 and Jedi Survivor ran well with no issues.

+£400 premium for Strix and +£250 for Tuf is big disgrace from them. Let's see how much MSI SuprimX and new MSI GrinderX designs will be :cry:

Willing to bet there will also 'just happen' to be a limited supply of these come launch day, so wouldn't shock me to see the prices climb across all models. Standard GPU launch for about 20 years now. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Willing to bet there will also 'just happen' to be a limited supply of these come launch day, so wouldn't shock me to see the prices climb across all models. Standard GPU launch for about 20 years now. :rolleyes:

Historically AIB's limit production on MSRP models and push exact models with 30Mhz "OC" version for +£50 premium.

Didn't people learn from the last gen? MSRP does not exist for the majority of cards, you will get a limited supply of cheaper budget models and that will be it. I have no doubt NVIDIA is charging AIB's the same prices as before.

Didn't people learn from the last gen? MSRP does not exist for the majority of cards, you will get a limited supply of cheaper budget models and that will be it. I have no doubt NVIDIA is charging AIB's the same prices as before.

Or the one before or before or before. Launch day pricing generally = over the Barrel pricing. The GPU rat race is getting more farcical by the year.

I must say that the price of GPUs in general seem to be insane...
Excuse my ignorance, but is there some justification for these prices?
I noticed that sale discounts are extremely minimal on these products, would this suggest that the profit margins are extremely low for companies that purchase them from the suppliers?

is there some justification for these prices?

The makers are aware there's no choice besides them and aren't in the mood to fight.

Nvidia can make the best card, has a large majority of the market and decides what they want prices to be.

AMD can make a decent card but they have no actual advantage so they price to be a bit below whatever Nvidia card is closest in performance. They also have better things to do like print cpus which are very good so don't expect them to shake up gpu pricing anytime soon.

Intel can make a card. Not taken very seriously due to still sorting problems from being "new", needs more time unless you like being a guinea pig, not even cheaply priced for their performance when they work properly.

The makers are aware there's no choice besides them and aren't in the mood to fight.

Nvidia can make the best card, has a large majority of the market and decides what they want prices to be.

AMD can make a decent card but they have no actual advantage so they price to be a bit below whatever Nvidia card is closest in performance. They also have better things to do like print cpus which are very good so don't expect them to shake up gpu pricing anytime soon.

Intel can make a card. Not taken very seriously due to still sorting problems from being "new", needs more time unless you like being a guinea pig, not even cheaply priced for their performance when they work properly.
Thanks for the heads up Hotwire. How sad this is for us/man's greed/obession with naking money etc....Seems to be a familiar story in "business" :(

I tend to upgrade/rebuild every 5 years or so, and am always presently surprised with many of the PC components increasing in speed/performance and/or reducing in size...But these GPUs just seem to getting larger with a multitude of fans to keep them cool as more power is required for them to perform....They just look so primitive size-wise. One day they will be a thousand times faster and be the size of a small sugar cube....:)
Very interesting times to be in tech-wise, and despite being blead through the nose for it, I count myself lucky to be part of it :)

Some people gonna cave and sell their 4080s for a 4080 super because Nvidia feels like it's worth it, but I ain't gonna be done of those this time!!!!!!

unless OcUK have some ultra tasty bgrade deals????

Last edited:
Some people gonna cave and sell their 4080s for a 4080 super because Nvidia feels like it's worth it, but I ain't gonna be done of those this time!!!!!!

unless OcUK have some ultra tasty bgrade deals????
Can't see many people doing that BUT I can see people on 3000 series upgrading to a 4080 Super instead of a 7900 XTX. Before they have the choice for a 4080 thats more expensive then a 7900 XTX etc so it was a harder choice.

Can't see many people doing that BUT I can see people on 3000 series upgrading to a 4080 Super instead of a 7900 XTX. Before they have the choice for a 4080 thats more expensive then a 7900 XTX etc so it was a harder choice.
you would be surprised, braincells tend to disappear when gamers want a new shiny gpu.
can see their faces now on launch day.
:D
200w.gif

Last edited:
Going to keep an eye on how this pans out for my new build, I was split between an AsRock Taichi 7900XTX and a Gigabyte EAGLE OC 4080, but Super is looking like it will be the way to go unless there's suddenly a cut-in price for the 7900XTX to counter the 4080 Supers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom