• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will Ryzen 6000 CPUs be based on the N6 fab process (Warhol chip) and release in 2021?

Associate
So this b2 refresh of the 5000 chips, is this at all related to the potential warhol, 3+?

I am even more confused now, I didn't think there'd be any news other than zen 3+ or zen 4, i'm in limbo and thought i could hold off until 3+ but if this b2 thingy is the only refresh before zen4, i may as well just get the zen3 now.

Soldato
My guess is that AMD will release a zen 3 refresh like the XT versions last summer on current platforms and Warhol will probably be on AM5.

Soldato
There never was a Warhol. Just because it was on a roadmap doesn't necessarily mean it'll become a real thing. The Warhol codename is real, but what exactly was the project? There's even less known about "Zen 3+". Was there ever any mention about it as a desktop part? Gamers Nexus had some information about DDR5 APUs listed as Zen 3+ parts, but APUs aren't traditionally desktop parts. Certainly not an entire desktop line.

And if B2 stepping doesn't add any more features or performance, is there even going to be an XT refresh?

Sounds to me like AMD have seen the pathetic hilarity that is Rocket Lake and decided there's nothing they need to do now. Similarly, with Alder Lake topping out at 8 cores and not even slated for actual volume until H1 next year, it's looking very likely AMD just cancelled whatever Warhol was going to be and are focussing on getting Raphael and Rembrandt ready. It really doesn't matter if Alder Lake takes the single thread crown back for the short term; by the time it exists in any meaningful capacity, AMD will have Zen 4.

Shame really, I would've loved to see AMD do some kind of hybrid manufacturing and tweaks as a Zen 3+ on AM4 just to work out any kinks ready for big volume production later on.

Associate
I was under the assumption there'd be a yearly update like there is nearly every year (called zen3+ / warhol / whatever), is the consensus that now there won't be a yearly update for 2021 and the next step will be in 2022 with zen 4?

Back
Top Bottom