• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will Ryzen 6000 CPUs be based on the N6 fab process (Warhol chip) and release in 2021?

Soldato
OP
I'm still sceptical about the codename of the CPU itself, we've seen nothing that confirms 6nm CPUs or Warhol exist at all, yet. I think it could be 3-4 more months before AMD confirms their roadmap for this year.

Associate
I dont think we will see 6000 series processors this year with current chip shortage and AMD is on top when it comes to performance

Indeed, based on the current situation, they may just forego any production time on the chip and move on to getting sure zen4 is ready and raring to go whilst continuing to produce chips that are perfectly good still.

Hopefully not, i've set my sights on having that as my time to upgrade - the final architecture on a scale is always good for a long time.

Associate
LOL - must have imagined my DDR4-3200 working just fine out of the box

same here with my, Team Group 8Pack Edition 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-28800CL16 3600MHz Dual Channel, straight of the box and working fine in my, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula (AMD AM4 DDR4 X570 Chipset ATX Motherboard (BIOS Version 3402 22/03/2021).

Soldato
OP
If a refresh of Zen 3 is really cancelled, Intel should do very well with Alder Lake (after many years of quite small, incremental improvements on 14nm), early next year. I think this would only increase the chance of Alder Lake launching next year also (not Q4 2021).

Considering that TSMC's improved 5nm fab. process (N5P) is scheduled for volume production sometime this year, I don't see a reason why we wouldn't see Zen 4 CPUs released by Q3 2022, particularly if AMD wants to release a competitor to Alder Lake more quickly.

Link here: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1602...technology-details-full-node-scaling-for-2h22

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom