Will the rog swift get a free sync update?

Soldato
You don't seem to grasp how this is been implemented and are getting stuck on the word optional. The industry has opted in and pledge support. Scaler manufactures have been producing chips for months and we have monitors that are able to support FreeSync that have been available for years and will probably get retro active firmware.

This means not only will new scalers support the feature but so will some older ones. You probably can't draw the correlation between this and your cost argument while you're angry.

Again with the industry opted in. Besides AMD please show me one other company that has opted in?

Did you not read the FAQ from AMD? Or the discussion with Thracks on here? Both say no monitor manufacturer will allow users to update the firmware.

The owner of the company who supplied the monitor for the actual AMD demo last January has also stated they won't release a firmware for the users who have already purchased this monitor. Here is the quote from Peter Nixeus.

We have been one of AMD's Freesync development partners since early last year. The main reason why we never made it public before is to prevent market confusion. We did not want existing and future customers buying the NX-VUE27D assuming we will update it to become Freesync enabled. Also, we will NOT be providing an optional Freesync firmware updates for the NX-VUE27D for current and future owners of the NX-VUE27D.

Also you still haven't answered my questions.

Sorry, please respond to the question. You said the industry had opted in and then that the GPU was irrelevant.

If only one GPU maker supports it, how is that proof of the industry adopting it?

There is a £10-£20 cost to install a compatible scaler. That doesn't make much difference in a £300 monitor, but, for budget monitors it makes a huge difference. So you still say we will see adaptive sync in ever monitor in a few months?

Soldato
You're the one that's being ignorant though.
You've been told the actual situation, with the proper terminology.

You're just shouting Freesync scalers like it means something.

You must be trolling, or inept.

LOL so true.

But hey sometimes it is fun feeding the trolls.

I just want to see what bizarre comment he comes out with next!!:p

Oh, unless he is inept, then it's a little cruel I guess.

Soldato
Again with the industry opted in. Besides AMD please show me one other company that has opted in?

Did you not read the FAQ from AMD? Or the discussion with Thracks on here? Both say no monitor manufacturer will allow users to update the firmware.

The owner of the company who supplied the monitor for the actual AMD demo last January has also stated they won't release a firmware for the users who have already purchased this monitor. Here is the quote from Peter Nixeus.

Also you still haven't answered my questions.

Who opted in? Do you really need me to copy and paste my earlier posts?

I'm sure the industrious major on third monitor manufactures will be all over FreeSync updates. I'm also sure many other manufactures will use FreeSync to sell more units and will not release updates. That said once a monitor ships with the required firmware update, then I'm sure it will not be long before someone in the enthusiast continuity get hold of it and release it into the wild.

Caporegime
How common are user end firmware updates to a monitor?
Not very.

It's probably not even capable for most of us to upgrade a monitors firmware user side.

And you don't know what Freesync is, so yeah.

I would like a hug please. Dealing with you is agony.

Soldato

I'm sure the industrious major on third monitor manufactures will be all over FreeSync updates. I'm also sure many other manufactures will use FreeSync to sell more units and will not release updates. That said once a monitor ships with the required firmware update, then I'm sure it will not be long before someone in the enthusiast continuity get hold of it and release it into the wild.

Still didn't answer my questions.

GPU support is everything. You think monitor manufacturers are going to cut into their margins by installing the proper scaler on every monitor they sell? Especially if only a small percentage of the market can use these monitors? You will only be able to say the industry as opted in if Nvidia or Intel get on board.

For the user updating the firmware themselves, how many users will risk their warranty? And that's if a firmware comes out at all. I have my doubts.

As for quoting your other posts, well, don't bother because in the posts I have read so far you have shown no understanding of adaptive sync at all. And your replies have been just random buzzwords but don't actually make any sense at all.

Soldato
I have no idea how often firmware updates come along. Money is a great motivator though, and the new Dell and I think the first AOC 3440x1440 screen include a firmware update utility.

I'm not sure how you would go about updating firmware. I do know a good TV/monitor repair man though. Maybe he will know.

Cuddle granted. Jigger cuddles Martin. Martin enjoys jiggers warm embrace.

Man of Honour
How common are user end firmware updates to a monitor?
Not very.

It's probably not even capable for most of us to upgrade a monitors firmware user side.

And you don't know what Freesync is, so yeah.

I would like a hug please. Dealing with you is agony.

Most aren't designed for end user updating. In the past a common method was a propitiatory serial over VGA connection, some use a custom USB implementation only a very few are easily updated by the end user.

Soldato

Well in the interest of fairness I went back and read the first two pages of this thread again. And they just confirmed what the last two pages of this thread have shown. You really have no clue or are trolling.

You list a few monitor and scaler manufacturers and that's it really. Is that what you mean by the industry has opted in? The scaler manufacturers, you can't really say they opted in as they are just filling an order.

The monitor manufacturers and AMD are really the only part of the industry that has opted in. And I would say AMD has been hard at work getting them onboard.

That's all academic anyway. Unless one of the two biggest companies in PC graphics business support adaptive sync it you won't be able to say that the industry has opted in!!

That said, I'm finding the world makes a little less sense to me everyday.

Good news, I agree with this post. It sums you up perfectly!!

Soldato
FreeSync is certainly not reliant on Intel or Nvidia for support. If they decide to make use of it is another matter.

LOL Freesync is AMD's method to connect to an Adaptive sync monitor. Nvidia and Intel will never and can never make use of it.

You made the phrase that the Industry has Opted in. But, how can you say that when the two companies that have over 80% of the graphics card market between them have not shown any interest at all. That includes both integrated and discrete graphic cards. So you know graphics cards? Those things that you need to connect to monitor? How can you say the industry has opted in when the two biggest players aren't involved?

BTW you still haven't directly answered my questions.

Soldato
Because FreeSync has been added to scalers and monitors will be sold regardless. Most people will probably be completely unaware that it's even a feature of the monitor. Some will probably not even care. Intel and Nvidia will either use the feature or not.

Caporegime
Would you prefer if I call it adaptive sync?

Well yes.
Because that's what it is.

Freesync is proprietary software. Adapative sync isn't, adaptive sync is an optional standard in the VESA spec.

And even then, it's not all rosey and chocolates like you seem to magically think it is.

Monitors are not becoming adaptive sync by default as you seem to think they are.

And even then, adaptive sync on itself doesn't do anything. You still need the GPU to actually do use it. And there's only a few GPU SKU's in the world which do (And Kaveri APU's).

Adaptive sync monitors will almost certainly be targeted at an audience.

Soldato
Project FreeSync is the what we are talking about. Adapative sync sound to much like Adaptive Vsync though. How about :pSync? or maybe XDSync.

Back
Top Bottom