Will the rog swift get a free sync update?

Caporegime
I'd rather call things as they are, because then I know who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. And frankly, I still don't think you know what you're talking about.

You seem convinced that 5 months down the line you can stroll up and buy any modern monitor SKU and have a monitor working with Freesync.

Soldato
Because FreeSync has been added to scalers and monitors will be sold regardless. Most people will probably be completely unaware that it's even a feature of the monitor. Some will probably not even care. Intel and Nvidia will either use the feature or not.

What? We are just after telling you adding an adaptive sync compatible scaler will cost extra. How can they justify putting them into every monitor, especially when they won't be used. Why would they add it to the their own costs?

Soldato
I'd rather call things as they are, because then I know who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. And frankly, I still don't think you know what you're talking about.

You seem convinced that 5 months down the line you can stroll up and buy any modern monitor SKU and have a monitor working with Freesync.

Maybe that is because I am convinced. I think it will take longer than 5 months though.

BTW, when you say FreeSync I take it you actually mean Adaptive Sync :p

Soldato
actually forget it. It's a stupid argument.

You say they are features of the gsync module.

I say they are features of the monitor and will never be known or listed as features of the module.

We will never agree.

And I am really done this time. :)

So even where i've given you links to where the same features are listed as features of the scalers in normal monitors, the same features are not features if they are in the gsync scaler

With you now ;)

Soldato
So even where i've given you links to where the same features are listed as features of the scalers in normal monitors, the same features are not features if they are in the gsync scaler

With you now ;)

That's not what he said and you know it.

Saying those are FEATURES of Gsync, whilst technically not incorrect (as the board features that functionality) is like saying DVI out is a feature of GeForce graphics cards.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
guys, if you can't keep this civil from now on, the thread will be closed and people will be taking holidays from OcUK posting for a bit

Soldato
That's not what he said and you know it.

Saying those are FEATURES of Gsync, whilst technically not incorrect (as the board features that functionality) is like saying DVI out is a feature of GeForce graphics cards.

I never said they were features of Gsync, i said they were features of the gsync module.

Funny you should mention ports, as Nvidia cards have hdmi 2.0 where as AMD cards have DP1.2a, so yes I would say what ports are supported are a feature of that product.

In the case of monitor scalers, yes some support some ports that others don't, so yes again I would say DP1.2a or Hdmi 2.0 would be "features" not only of the monitor as a whole, but also of the main control chip they use, be that a Realtek scaler or an nvidia fpga based gsync module.

Melmac is saying that the features the monitor supports are completely independent of what control chip it uses, but that is like saying "my computer supports gsync" but refusing to accept that your computer supports gsync because it has an nvidia gpu.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom