Willow: TV Series

Soldato
Any Willow fans?

Not sure how I feel about this one. Love the film and we do need a little bit more High Fantasy on our screens.

I believe Warwick Davis is on board

Soldato
OP
I rewatched Willow recently and didn’t think it aged very well at all...
I rewatch it every year and think it has. Special effect at the end is pretty meh and the troll part but the film has some of the best scenes and dialogue ever.

Follow the bird. It's heading back to the village lol. It's just one of many.

It's just a feel good movie for me like The Princess Bride that never fails to deliver.

Associate
Loved me a bit of Willow back in the day. Not seen it for years, is it suitable for a 7 and 4 year old? I can't remember what's in it to be honest.
First film I ever saw at the cinema when I was 8. I was mesmerized. Might be a little too much for the 4 year old but the 7 would probably be ok. Guess it depends. There's one section with a big two headed beast eating bad guys and trolls which might be a bit too much.

Soldato
First film I ever saw at the cinema when I was 8. I was mesmerized. Might be a little too much for the 4 year old but the 7 would probably be ok. Guess it depends. There's one section with a big two headed beast eating bad guys and trolls which might be a bit too much.

I should have been more detailed in my question. Both the 7 and 4yo have watched all of the MCU movies with its fantasy violence and fantastic costumes/effects, it's more the mild and occasional F-bomb swearing that sometimes appears in movies for families. Both are at that age, eldest knows some words he has heard from school (chavvy families I guess) and he is aware its bad to say those words. Like I mentioned I cannot remember what was in Willow and whether or not it was family or adult film :confused::eek:.

To be frank, he has watched Alien with me :eek: and a few seasons of Walking dead so I guess my question was a bit dumb lol. To which I did tell him about some bad words and played on the fact that zombies and Aliens are all make up and special effects.
I was subjected to Alien, Terminator and Day of the dead when I was 10. My brother rented them out and I watched with him. :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Nope, it was crap first time around.

The only High Fantasy show that needs to hit the TV screens in Magician oh and maybe that Dungeons and Dragons one when the flew around space in ships, cant remember what it is called now.

Soldato
You showed a 7 year old Alien?!?
yeah. To be fair, its only a jump scare movie. He loved the chest burster scene and we re-enacted it with his Iron man action figure shortly after. The only thing I was cautious of was when Ripley was getting into the space suit lol

Edit: it was last year so he would have been 6, probably a few months off being 7

Back
Top Bottom