Wimbledon 2018

Soldato
First time she's come up against anyone decent no? Pretty sure everyone else has been ranked 50+ with one of them being ranked 13th. This is why she wanted to be seeded and honestly why it was unfair.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I love the way Serena just talks about herself without stopping herself to congratulate Kerber.

"I am just me, and that's all I can be. To all the mums out there, I was playing for you today, and I tried but Angelique played really well, she played out of her mind. I look forward to continuing to be out here and do what I do best.

"She's an incredible person, a really good friend, so I am really happy for her. I know she's going to really enjoy it and enjoy the moment."

?????

Permabanned
Darn. Amazing match. Can’t stand novak. Arrogant beyond belief.

Nole has never been arrogant. It is extremely difficult for him, though, to live in times of Nadal/Federer fans all over the place.
Nole must have iron psyche to withstand that pressure :D

Oh, and his wife is so cute :p

And only Thiem at the French and Raonic at Wimbledon have even made a final. I don't think there's anyone up and coming that comes close to the big three, or even Murray for that matter. Makes you wonder how many titles they would have if they played in an era without the others.

Zverev is just 21.2 years old, so the future is bright in front of him.
Just needs to be more patient for Federer's retirement and things will go to their places soon.

Soldato
Nole has never been arrogant. It is extremely difficult for him, though, to live in times of Nadal/Federer fans all over the place.
Nole must have iron psyche to withstand that pressure :D

Oh, and his wife is so cute :p

Zverev is just 21.2 years old, so the future is bright in front of him.
Just needs to be more patient for Federer's retirement and things will go to their places soon.

Zverev has a LOT to learn. Keeps being hyped up for slams and keeps choking in the 1st/2nd/3rd round to a nobody.

Associate
Just wait until Kygios decides he doesn't have to be a loser and actually decides instead to be a winner. Lot's of wasted potential there right now.

Also, moratorium on 'Slams'. An oft misused and abused term in modern Tennis. A Major is not a 'Grand Slam', or 'Slam' for short. It is a 'Major'. The Grand Slam is winning all four Majors through the entirety of a career. It is a Bridge term borrowed by a Journalist in the 1920's. If you win Wimbledon you have won a Major. If you then win at the other three, you have done the 'Slam'. Wimbledon alone is not a 'Slam'.

Got it? Good.

Also Novak is the only current player to hold all four Majors at the same time.

Permabanned
Yup, they say Career Slam. Nole holds Career Slam over two years - from Wimbledon 2015 to Roland Garros 2016.

About Kyrgios - unlikely because he said tennis for him isn't serious pursuit but rather he does it for entertainment purposes.

edit: Actually, Career Slam he achieved by winning that French Open in 2016 - however, his first title is from several years earlier - Australian Open 2008 :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom