Wimbledon 2021

Associate
Wow, that's a bit of a shock after the third set. Didn't expect him to put up much of a fight let alone win :cool:

Don't think he was struggling physically too much, only mentally. So the break helped him reset and sort it out. He was playing the better tennis the entire match really apart from those 20 minutes or so where he got the jitters. I was impressed by the amount of long rallies he won also, it's a good indicator of his fitness.

I know he's had a few injury problems but hopefully he wins this match (and a couple more) and moves on from there.

A few? He has a metal hip! And persistent groin injuries that may or may not be caused by said hip. No player has ever come back to play professional singles after such an injury.

Associate
Having never been (or seen much of) to Wimbledon before, any tips? I booked the car park at Wimbledon, so driving there. Tickets are for 10th of July and have 1PM as the stated time. We are planning to arrive at around 11:30 to get the lay of the land and locate Court 1.

We are sat in gangway 12, so seem like very good seats.

Caporegime
Having never been (or seen much of) to Wimbledon before, any tips? I booked the car park at Wimbledon, so driving there. Tickets are for 10th of July and have 1PM as the stated time. We are planning to arrive at around 11:30 to get the lay of the land and locate Court 1.

No tips other than enjoy yourself :). It's ****** awesome.

Murray certainly ain't what he used to be but good to see him back on the grass.

Soldato

Out of interest, how do you know where you're sat already?

From the emails I've had, they say the actual tickets will be sent 48 hours before the date so I presumed you wouldn't know where you're sat until the actual tickets arrive. All I have at present is the placeholders in my Ticketmaster account.

Associate
Out of interest, how do you know where you're sat already?

From the emails I've had, they say the actual tickets will be sent 48 hours before the date so I presumed you wouldn't know where you're sat until the actual tickets arrive. All I have at present is the placeholders in my Ticketmaster account.

I can see the tickets in the myWimbledon account. I even 'shared' one of them to my gf. But you are right, the email did say 48 hours prior.

Soldato
I can see the tickets in the myWimbledon account. I even 'shared' one of them to my gf. But you are right, the email did say 48 hours prior.

Interesting, no sign of mine yet, can't even see a "My Tickets" section in My Wimbledon yet, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I've seen both 48 hours and "no less than 5 days" mentioned.

Do you have a "My Tickets" area under My Wimbledon?

Associate
Interesting, no sign of mine yet, can't even see a "My Tickets" section in My Wimbledon yet, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I've seen both 48 hours and "no less than 5 days" mentioned.

Do you have a "My Tickets" area under My Wimbledon?

On the website within the 'Manage benefits' area, I can see 'My Tickets'. Similarly in the Wimbledon app (android) I can see 'Your Tickets' when I click the 'More' menu at the bottom.

If it's not visible to you it means they haven't allocated the tickets to your account. This was the case with my gf. Once I shared a ticket with her account, she could see it.

Caporegime
Second point in the Djokovic match and an absurd line call already :(

The very next point and the umpire overrules another awful call :mad:

Edit: Djokovic has been down a few times already. Given what happened to Serena and Mannarino yesterday, I wonder if they'll start moving the bigger matches off centre?

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone managed to get tickets from the “American Express last minute tickets” area on ticket master?

It’s tempting but the little disclaimer “cannot guarantee that seats made available will be together” worries me or does it tell you when buying?

Caporegime
Shapovalov's got a walkover in the second round so he'll be nice and fresh should Murray win his second round match later.

Norrie also won earlier.

Edit: Line calls in the Boulter match are horrific as well, two in a row that were clearly in but called out. Wimbledon need to sort this **** show out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good effort from Katie Boulter there, she seemed to thrive on the occasion.

Good win for Norrie, he's come on a lot over the last year or so, fit as a butcher's dog, up to 12th in the race now, too.

Caporegime
Evans won in straight sets, Broady's a set up and playing well against Schwartzman as is Raducanu who's playing the loudest player I've ever heard. Diatchenko literally sounds like she's in labour ever time she strikes the ball.

Murray up next on centre.

Caporegime
He's moving very gingerly, hope it's just his match fitness rather than his injuries causing him issues again.

Also looks like he's lost a lot of power on his backhand, hip drive isn't what it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom