Wimbledon 2022

Soldato
I feel like Fritz should play too, but on the flipside, if you get eliminated and go out and drink your feelings or hop on the plane home, then it's not really practical to compete without notice.

Nadal should have pulled out during the match and avoided that situation. Nothing impressive about pushing on as if you're fine when you're not imo.

Don
I’ve often wondered whether byes are the right thing in sport or whether the losing player should replace the injured one.
Shouldn't the losing quarter-finalist get a chance to play

That was my first thought, I think Fritz should be allowed to compete.
The problem with this is how do you justify allowing Fritz to play ahead of one of the other three losing quarter finalists? From a sporting merit point of view, he has no greater claim to play the semi as the others.

Soldato
I don't think Fritz should go through, or Nadal simply let him win in the last round. Fritz played a very good game but still couldn't defeat Rafa, if he isn't able to defeat his current opponent, then he deserves to go out. Whatever happens in the rounds after that are irrelevant. It's lucky for Kyrgios and he doesn't play now through no fault of his own.

I haz 4090!
Don
Novak in 3 for me. I hope he absolutely hammers Kyrgios in the final, and I don't even like Novak. Cannot stand Kyrgios - wearing red trainers and a red baseball cap on centre court, disgusting.

Soldato
Kyrgios got a free pass to the final, but I wonder if Norrie would beat him. Certainly more chance then he'll have against Djokovic. Pity Norrie v Kyrgios wasn't the semi final, then much more chance of Norrie getting to the final.

Back
Top Bottom