Windows 10 Pro suddenly reports not being activated

Associate
I've found Microsoft support to be utterly useless, last year when a PC wouldn't activate the idiot at Microsoft used RDP to get in to try and activate it, they just spent 20 minutes going into control panel, device manager and a few other areas whilst trying to activate before they gave in and tried to sell me a copy for about £180, I gave up and said I'd buy elsewhere. Anyway after a reinstall it activated.

Soldato
This has just hit me. It appears to be have been triggered by upgrading my Nvidia graphics driver to 416.81. I hit Troubleshoot as suggested above and it said there was a problem with my internet connection, but Windows is reporting itself as now activated.

Associate
Good old Microsoft, had the issue but now sorted, found it strange that two computers didn't have the issue but one did, all linked to the same account.

Soldato
I have had exactly the same issue on Win 10 Pro N 64. Computer had been registered since 2013, it lost license, then tonight all on it's own Windows became valid again.

Soldato
I did the troubleshoot thing, working fine now :).

Wonder how long until the next major bug arrives,regardless my Win10 is now running sweet again :). I miss my DOS 6.22, I knew where I was with that.

Man of Honour
How did you acquire the key? they recently started waves of banning blocks of "grey" keys, etc. that previously worked and so on.

Though looks like the activation servers are having issues again - Windows 10 seems to be excessive in how often it phones home to check stuff like that.

EDIT: Some reports (not sure if valid) that for some people Windows 10 is actually downgrading the installation to home after the previous issue and no longer can be activated with a Pro key even though you installed Pro and for some can't be easily reversed without reinstalling.

Man of Honour
Hmm logging into my account only one out of my 3 professional entitlements are showing - not even downgraded to home there as some are saying while the remaining one is showing as pro still - none of the devices are having issues (so far) with activation though.

Back
Top Bottom