Windows 10 Pro suddenly reports not being activated

Caporegime
I've had a load of fun with this. Some of our OEM keys, that were replaced with MAK keys, reverted back to OEM and my Retail key, that was used to upgrade 8 to 10 and was subsequently replaced with a MAK key, also reverted.

Everything since Windows 7 has been a mess, and I include Server 2012 in that.

Soldato
EDIT: Some reports (not sure if valid) that for some people Windows 10 is actually downgrading the installation to home after the previous issue and no longer can be activated with a Pro key even though you installed Pro and for some can't be easily reversed without reinstalling.

When mine started to say not activated I run troubleshoot and it did say something about wanting to downgrade to Home version from Pro, anyway I waited until Microsoft fixed it ( for some of us ) and run the troubleshoot again the day after and it went away and stayed activated as Pro, guess it's a Microsoft activation server bug that they need to get fixed ASAP.

I'm one of many users that had the free 10 upgrade from Microsoft ie Win8/8.1 to Win10 from day one so my key is 100% legit.

Still working fine today "touchwood" :) . Guess I should check my Win10 laptop later.

Soldato
I noticed it straight after building a new windows XP virtual machine in VMware yesterday and installing some software on it.

My windows 10 pro 1803 was not activated!! Anyway it reactivated without trouble.

Pleased to see it was not me but Microsoft messing up. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom