Windows 11 upgrade - Yay or Nay at the moment?

Soldato
If that is what you want to believe. I called your awful analogy out and yet still to see why this is like moving to blu ray and staying with VHS. Windows 11 doesn't offer me anything above windows 10 currently. In time that will change but today I'll stick with VHS.

I wonder why it was an awful analogy, hmm if only you read the thread.

lmao

Boys, don't make me get the belt out.

Don't go getting my hopes up now!

Caporegime
Just as I thought nothing to back up the poor analogy. I'll stick with 10 until there is a reason to upgrade to 11 of which currently there is none. When it has an actual advantage then it's worthwhile. Currently the only thing I see is disadvantage of being a beta tester and running potentially buggy software. I'll wait for the service pack most likely before upgrading. Early adopters usually get shafted in 99% of cases.

Man of Honour
Nar, with the tick tock good and bad releases I'll skip 11,roll on 12!

Eh they've not had a good release since 7. 8 is pretty decent underneath but the shell level is pretty meh and 10 has most of the worst bits of 8 coupled with a lot more busy background tasks, tons of security issues and stupid updates behaviour. 11 aesthetically should have been a win but even that they seem to have failed miserably with the execution and still has most of the bad bits of 10.

I only hope they do produce a 12 which is actually good, if it was at all suited to my use I'd have moved to Linux by now but it isn't.

Associate
Eh they've not had a good release since 7. 8 is pretty decent underneath but the shell level is pretty meh and 10 has most of the worst bits of 8 coupled with a lot more busy background tasks, tons of security issues and stupid updates behaviour. 11 aesthetically should have been a win but even that they seem to have failed miserably with the execution and still has most of the bad bits of 10.

I only hope they do produce a 12 which is actually good, if it was at all suited to my use I'd have moved to Linux by now but it isn't.

The main problem is that the core of Windows is a hot mess, and they can't easily redo it without affecting compatibility. There are a couple developer videos showing how painful it is to modify the UI and the layers involved in making simple changes. Hopefully they're iteratively fixing it with each release because a lot of their newer projects are excellent.

Associate
Been using it for a bit now, most stuff seems to run OK, but I am having one issue with a couple of emulators I run for old games, they now seem to stutter a bit which they did not on win 10. It could be they need an update for win 11.

Soldato
Decided to YOLO and do the in-place Windows 11 upgrade the other night. No issues at all, performance is on-par or better in the titles I play.

3900X
X570 Auros Master
RTX2080

Man of Honour
I am going to hold off for a while. I know people are saying "no issues" but no one says good improvements.

ROFL - MS has no idea nor cares what "improvements" and "quality of life" experience means. I just wish there was a real viable alternative so as to get shot of this ****.

Back
Top Bottom