Windows 11 upgrade - Yay or Nay at the moment?

Associate
There's no good reason right now to upgrade to Windows 11 yet. Most of the big bugs have been fixed like AMD L3 cache performance or the SSD performance bug ( fixed in this weeks optional updates ) but there are still a lot to be fixed. For example there's a bug with some AMD systems who are getting quite annoying stuttering when a TPM is enabled and a fix does not seem to be on the horizon ( to fix turn off TPM in bios )

TPM is causing performance issues for Windows 11 on some AMD systems (betanews.com)

Performace is on par with Windows 10 although from what I have seen there are some small cases where Windows 11 may pull ahead in gaming ( in cpu bound titles ) but thats about it. There's not really any killer features just yet with Android App support currently not enabled and AutoHDR is only useful for those with a proper HDR screen and not one of those HDR400 abominations.

The OS still needs a lot of work and while I will personally upgrade to Windows 11 eventually, I think its smarter to at least wait until its first major update before even considering it. Never be an early adopter!! :D

Permabanned
Had to go 11 with Alder Lake. After installing Start11 from Stardock, plus a few registry tweaks, It feels like 10 once again. No compatibility issues so far, but I don't appreciate the mobile vibe.

Has anybody elses windows key randomly stopped working since upgrading to windows 11?

Both key press and mouse click?

Back
Top Bottom