Windows 7 / 64Bit Cant Install ACPI BIOS not compliant error

Associate
I have a paid for MSDN full access via work and as such have access to all the Microsoft library. I posted this on the Gigabyte so called help line and got nothing back. This is not an RC release I'm using its the official en_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65922.iso

Can not install windows 7 64bit, errors with a blue screen saying the BIOS is 'not fully ACPI compliant' please contact your system vendor and STOP: error code 0x000000A5.
However it runs fine with 64bit Linux.

Anyone able to assist with this? I'm getting towards wanting to self harm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model Name : GA-MA790X-UD3P(rev. 1.0)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F2 & F4 & F5
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer : Overclockers,UK.
VGA Brand : ATi Model : 4670 1GB
CPU Brand : AMD Model : 5600 Dual Core Speed : 2900
Operation System : Windows 7 64Bit SP :
Memory Brand : OCZ Type : DDRII
Memory Size : 4GB Speed : 800
Power Supply : 500 W

Associate
You have BIOS: F2, F4 & F5. Does that mean you've tried all of those?

If you haven't done anything with the BIOS, then try resetting the CMOS or reflash with the F5 BIOS again.

Or, can ACPI be disabled for the install and re-enabled later on?

Having a look around, someone solved their ACPI BSOD problem by removing a newly installed stick of ram. Got any spares just to rule that out?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
UD3P 1.0 so P45 board? hit that mobo with F8 BIOS, later bioses caused extremely slow response at POST and initial Widnows load for me. Rolling back to F8 fixed this.

F8.

FWIW I have a UD3P v1.1 running x64 7 Pro.

Associate
OP
You have BIOS: F2, F4 & F5. Does that mean you've tried all of those?

If you haven't done anything with the BIOS, then try resetting the CMOS or reflash with the F5 BIOS again.

Or, can ACPI be disabled for the install and re-enabled later on?

Having a look around, someone solved their ACPI BSOD problem by removing a newly installed stick of ram. Got any spares just to rule that out?
Yes tried all those Bios's and all fail with same thing... BSOD... also tried RC 7 = same result / tried 64bit Vista = same result.

Also tried removing the battery for a hour, powering up.... same again! tried removing all the ram and stuck some other ocz 800's from the kids PC.............. annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd............same again!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I have a paid for MSDN full access via work and as such have access to all the Microsoft library. I posted this on the Gigabyte so called help line and got nothing back. This is not an RC release I'm using its the official en_windows_7_ultimate_x64_dvd_x15-65922.iso

Can not install windows 7 64bit, errors with a blue screen saying the BIOS is 'not fully ACPI compliant' please contact your system vendor and STOP: error code 0x000000A5.
However it runs fine with 64bit Linux.

Anyone able to assist with this? I'm getting towards wanting to self harm.

Model Name : GA-MA790X-UD3P(rev. 1.0)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 1.0
BIOS Ver : F2 & F4 & F5
Serial No. :
Purchase Dealer : Overclockers,UK.
VGA Brand : ATi Model : 4670 1GB
CPU Brand : AMD Model : 5600 Dual Core Speed : 2900
Operation System : Windows 7 64Bit SP :
Memory Brand : OCZ Type : DDRII
Memory Size : 4GB Speed : 800
Power Supply : 500 W

UD3P 1.0 so P45 board? hit that mobo with F8 BIOS, later bioses caused extremely slow response at POST and initial Widnows load for me. Rolling back to F8 fixed this.

F8.

FWIW I have a UD3P v1.1 running x64 7 Pro.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3107#anchor_os

For this mobo, all that seems to be listed on the gigabyte site is up to a F5, if you know of a route to get a later bios as you suggest I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Associate
Have you tried with just 2gb ram ? Some boards fall over with 4 or more in place with acpi error in 64bit vista/win7. Or dissable memory hole option in bios so the system only sees around 3gb while you install windows, then turn it back on after.

Associate
OP
Great support from Gigabyte lines...

German = Zero
USA = Zero
Russia = Zero

Website = Ignore

How the hell can you run a support line where your only client response is a voice-mail.
100% last time i spend any money on gigabyte crap....

I'm going to return this mobo and try and find another AM2 compat mobo with 2 > 8 PCIe

Need 1 for the 4670 & 1 for the LSi MegaRAID 8308 SAS (*and yes i have unplugged it and all drives for the test. 6 x 1TB drives + 1 x 500gb PATA for boot / root / swap).

Any suggestions?

Associate
There's Gigabyte tech support on the Tweak Town forums.

Seems to be a few modified/beta BIOSes there - looks like all intel though.

I've got the UD4P AM3 mobo - hope I'm not in the same boat!

I also don't envy you on the raid setup.

I've swapped from onboard to Adaptec 1430sa (don't really want to spend too much on the raid card... I'm jealous of that MegaRaid though!) and it's going to take 17.5 hrs to zero 4 x 1Tb disks to reinstall (RAID-10)! Think I'll format them one at a time!

Associate
OP
There's Gigabyte tech support on the Tweak Town forums.

Seems to be a few modified/beta BIOSes there - looks like all intel though.

I've got the UD4P AM3 mobo - hope I'm not in the same boat!

I also don't envy you on the raid setup.

I've swapped from onboard to Adaptec 1430sa (don't really want to spend too much on the raid card... I'm jealous of that MegaRaid though!) and it's going to take 17.5 hrs to zero 4 x 1Tb disks to reinstall (RAID-10)! Think I'll format them one at a time!

The RAID is dead easy to setup on the Megaraid and only cost me about £70 from ebay (2nd user) and works fine under raid 5. I only want it storing movies and such. The quick init function does have a bug in it so as long as you do a full init and from memory took about 3 hour for 6TB.

Anyhow, thanks for looking on that forum its much appreciated.

Associate
OP
I reflashed the BIOS to F5 / dumped the battery again for 30 mins removed all the RAM and replaced with slower ram installed just 2 GB.

And it now runs Windows 7 Ultimate, Then stuffed 4GB of RAM in it.... crapped out 100%

MadMatty - Got me to thinking on the memory score... Cheers for that

I'm going to try with Enterprise 7 if its on the MSDN list next as Mel P suggests and see what the score is.

This is so weird... I have to know!

As per before... Thanks all of you for your assistance.

Associate
I reflashed the BIOS to F5 / dumped the battery again for 30 mins removed all the RAM and replaced with slower ram installed just 2 GB.

And it now runs Windows 7 Ultimate, Then stuffed 4GB of RAM in it.... crapped out 100%

MadMatty - Got me to thinking on the memory score... Cheers for that

I'm going to try with Enterprise 7 if its on the MSDN list next as Mel P suggests and see what the score is.

This is so weird... I have to know!

As per before... Thanks all of you for your assistance.

Heres another option to try. Now youve got it installed, Boot win7 in safe mode and see if it can boot and report 4gb found once its booted. If it does , while in safe mode open msconfig and choose boot options - advanced and enable max memory option. Type in 4096, apply and reboot and see what happens.

Associate
OP
Heres another option to try. Now youve got it installed, Boot win7 in safe mode and see if it can boot and report 4gb found once its booted. If it does , while in safe mode open msconfig and choose boot options - advanced and enable max memory option. Type in 4096, apply and reboot and see what happens.

In safe mode I get an immediate reboot during loading and in std mode I get the BSOD.

On the positive side the kids stopped sulking now he knows he will be able to multiplay left4dead with his mates on his sleepover on my pc & his.

Weird that it runs 64bit opensuse 11.1 with 4gb fine with no issues.... also passes the memory tests that suse put on the boot dvd.:confused::confused::confused::confused: (*and im not using noacpi option).

Wondering if upgrading the RAM to just 2 x 2GB DDR will solve the issue, just not keen to throw away yet more money!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom