Windows 8 - the Features, Applications and News Thread

It sounds like they are unwilling to pay these costs for two reasons, the amount of people who actually play DVDs and the realisation physical media days are numbered.

If I may ask, with the WMC now being a separate pack as such?

Will it bring Bluray playback as standard to Windows 8 Pro (with MC) or will that not be a part of the pack as is the case with Windows 7?

Cheers.

What's more ominous is... does this spell the beginning of the end of the corporate domain as we know it? The future is all going to be tablet and other mobile devices. Your "desk" at your workplace will, in general, simply be some monitors, a keyboard and a docking station for your tablet.

In a mobile workforce environment of the future, where peer to peer and remote working becomes the norm, where DRM and "walled garden" OSes are the norm.... surely the venerable "corporate domain" will become an old relic?

The idea of the corporate domain desk i.e. workstation/cubicle is what America really created when they started building huge office blocks. Ironically, it's a mental state, not a productive environment.

There are a handful of what most people consider contemporary office designs around - those odd buildings that have mood lit rooms, vast open workspace with squishy armchairs and seemingly perceptual brainstorming rooms. We all find such environments far more appealing than the regular cubicle/pc and are more productive in them (google's got to be the prime example). What most people don't know, is that's they're actually cheaper to build than the "traditional office block" and cheaper to run.

Basically the corporate environment is a place that makes most of us unhappy. The people at the top pay extra to produce a less productive, ugly, environment that both they and their staff don't like because it's simply the done thing. Almost seems like sheep.

The corporate environment in the traditional sense, is starting to dye out purely because is good for no one.

June iirc.
That's what I thought, unless that's an old video. Im not at home do can't see if that feature is on it, it's not something you would come accords unless you've made multiple accounts.

Back
Top Bottom