Windows 8 - the Features, Applications and News Thread

win8desktoph.jpg

Creating the Windows 8 user experience:

1st week of June, I haven't seen an exact date. But they are holding another keynote on 6th of June, so I would guess once they finish that then it'll be available for download.

Some of the features that have been talked about and not included.
Like the new multi monitor support, is refresh in the current one? As well as the new boot selection. Prental feature.
Oh and by the look of it some more UI changes, I assuming to do with mouse on desktop pcs.

Apparently some more apps and updateted current apps.

I'm not expecting a huge amount more and I think most of the features have already been asked about.

I just wish they would hurry up and release it. I want a tablet for split screen and the remembering wifi hotspots login details. So annoying in all my hotel staying.
Then hopfully someone will hack a copy for a pc on a stick. Ie this, but I want win8
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-f...-A10-Model-MK802-Notice-just-wholesalers.html

Last edited:
A picture password with just 5 gestures has 70,441,983,603,740 combinations. Compared to an eight character text password which only has 182,790,400 (thats also including numbers and other characters). When using just 5 taps alone and not even drawing any circles or lines you still have 15,344,276,658 combinations.

Bad maths there.

95^8 = 6,634,204,312,890,652 combinations.

An 8 char password is therefore much more secure than 5 gestures.

Last edited:
So it is. I think someone just jumbled the figures around. The number quoted for an 8 character password is actually for a 5 character password for example. The blog article is correct though.

Back
Top Bottom