windows vista 32/64 bit

Man of Honour
There was a link posted by Burnsy at some point on how to obtain alternative media for OEM. Can't remember it off hand. You could just borrow the 64-bit media off a friend (or download it... but that's a bit of a grey area. The legality of it is you're allowed to download it, but not upload it... or something!)

Link is in the sticky ;)

Burnsy

Man of Honour
My post had nothing to do with the license, but standard copyright laws. Just being pedantic though. I don't want to see this thread slip to obscurity. It's a good laugh.

Just to add one last comment.

The licence is integral the the legality of the transfer under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

Under S. 56, if the licence would be revoked or not granted to the recipient, then it'd be illegal.

Burnsy

Permabanned
Where's "search network places" gone? XP used to have it, search for computers/devices on my LAN but Vista hasn't got it. My NAS isn't appearing (works fine)

Associate
Just to add... if say you can get hold of 32bit or 64bit vista disc u can install without a key but u need to have bought a licence key and have it activated before 30 days are up unless you know of the delayed activation trick.

I would say some people may find it useful to try 64bit vista to see if they have any problems with any devices they wish to use on it. If you do then at least you havnt wasted any money and you can resort back to 32bit.

Hope this input put this thread back on track.

Caporegime
To clear up the iTunes issue, iTunes works fine on Vista x64, the CD burning driver doesn't however. This can be downloaded separately from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itunes#_note-28

However, synching the iPhone and iPod touch will not work because these new iPods use HFS+ as the file system, and Apple install a driver onto Vista x86 to allow iTunes to read them. I have no idea how they managed to get the driver signed without also making an x64 version.

Permabanned
you haven't even used vista for 4 hours haven't attempted to solve any problems.

I've been at it since 11am... so what's the solution mr sherlock?? oh and search network isn't available anymore, so how can I search my lan for devices (in my case a NAS)

Associate
You need a licence as soon as you install it. The grace period is NOT a trial.

Burnsy

Ok its a grace period. But the facts are u can install it without a valid licence key and use the grace period to test if 32/64bit is what u want. Thats the point i was putting across. If this is legal or not then u decide. I will be buying 64bit vista tho before my grace period is up.

Soldato
Ok its a grace period. But the facts are u can install it without a valid licence key and use the grace period to test if 32/64bit is what u want. Thats the point i was putting across. If this is legal or not then u decide. I will be buying 64bit vista tho before my grace period is up.
As we've even covered in this thread, you can use whichever you like irrespective of what you've bought.

Permabanned
Why don't you just map it as a network drive via a UNC path?

Burnsy

I do, once I find it with the network search. XP- works fine..

cca.jpg

And now my HD are disappearing in Vista..righto back to XP..

Soldato
if you know it's name, why would you bother searching? Start | Run | \\dns-323. Or if you know what it's called, just add it as a 'Network Location' in my computer.

Back
Top Bottom