Windows Vista delayed, quite substantially

Soldato
well i'm not too bothered. i'd rather wait until they get it right. conroe & xp will still be nice. it's not like your stuck on a shoddy os like win98 while you're waiting. :D

Deleted member 651465

Deleted member 651465

I dont like the look of Vista.. it's going to take a lot of "growing" and a few of my friends to get it before I buy it tbh. Visually it doesn't impress me, and I just think they're makin it look too idiot-proof.

As for their "quality first" mindset.. expect it to be patched within a month of release :rolleyes: ;)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
EVH said:
As for their "quality first" mindset.. expect it to be patched within a month of release :rolleyes: ;)

Frankly, I'd rather that they did patch it within a month of release - no matter how much testing they do, some clever bugger will come along on release day and find a way to wreak havoc :)

As for them pushing the release date back - its gone from Nov '06 to Jan '07, hardly an eternity to wait is it? It gives the video card manufacturers a couple of months longer to get fully DX10 compliant products out into the market anyway!

Soldato
The majority of manufacturers are waiting till Vista before releasing 64 bit drivers.. so anyone in XP64 land is scuppered with new devices until Q1-Q2 release in 2007.

Permabanned
More delay, you gotta be kidding me...

Someone needs to bang heads together at Microsoft, they really need to pull their fingers out. What are they doing down there!

Soldato
dirtydog said:
More delay, you gotta be kidding me...

Someone needs to bang heads together at Microsoft, they really need to pull their fingers out. What are they doing down there!
It's quite a disappointment isn't it. Especially after we were told features were being cut from the initial release so it could be released 'on time'.... now we're told that compromise was for nothing.

Great.

Back
Top Bottom