Windows Vista delayed, quite substantially

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
Are the Business editions going to be like XP Pro?
No. Business and retail editions are split on two separate 'trees'. The business editions will be missing a lot of the prettiness, and media center features (primarily).

ajgoodfellow said:
If so then we could always just buy the Business edition when released at the end of the year.
Nope. It'll only be available in Open/Volume licensing.

ajgoodfellow said:
I don't quite know why there's a staggered release though
Me either - It's anyone's best guess. They say it's to make sure the OS is bug free... but the two products won't (or better not) use such very kernels... so who knows what they're on about :confused:

Associate
Support for Intel's Extensible Firmware Interface was originally slated to be included with Vista, but has been removed due to what Microsoft has described as a lack of support on desktop computers. EFI support is still slated for Windows Server "Longhorn".

I don't understand this, does it mean EFI is not supported? I ******* hope not! :mad:

Soldato
OP
EFI is supported on x64. Not on x32. And rightly so, because as they said there are basically zero 32-bit PCs out there with EFI. Microsoft is betting on a relatively fast x64 transition and so why waste resources developing, testing, validating and supporting a x32 EFI driver?

no? what has their been then?
CTP's. Community Technology Previews. A marketing name for "alpha".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom