Windows Vista delayed, quite substantially

Nah I think it'll definately come in January. They are actually launching it in November but for business customers only. They don't want to release it in the retail markets till the new year so that Christmas sales aren't hurt.

I hope they've factored piracy into their calculations because anybody that can't get it in November and really wants it is just going to pirate it...

Last edited:
Otacon said:
Depends if they release 'ultimate' I suppose. If they do so, then I can see it spreading like wildfire yes.

Cant see them being that daft

Also people will still pirate the business one anyway, just to have a look through

Ive just got the new Office its all Vista'ed up and looks lovely

Of course it will spread, but not as rapidly as ultimate would I suspect. Joe public/pirater will be interested in the media center gubbins and what not, so it'll just happen again 8/10 weeks later. May as well wait, ultimate edition is worth more (as it has everything).

Christ, cost effective pirating. Odd conversation topic :o

As has been mentioned before - the only versions that won't require PA are the business editions and most home users will not have any use for these.
The Ultimate edition and Home editions will require PA as always.
This is unless MS do a complete U-Turn on this and I doubt that very much as like most software houses they get pretty ****** off with thieves.

So sure, you can go and get your pirate version of Vista once the business edition is released.
If you can cope with the crippled features for home use then well done - you've thieved the new OS successfully, you are cool, we love you!!
If however you plan on doing things like use the Media Centre features and game then it won't be of any use to you.

lordedmond said:
who will buy a pc when a new OS in due next month.

opps the people that buy pre built pc's that who :eek:
Which is 90% of the consumer market. Microsoft don't really care much about upsetting the enthusiast, since they account for such a small % of revenue.

lordedmond said:
thats what i meant 90% buy the pre built some at xmas , surly that will impact the sales

I think the number of consumers who think "this PC doesn't have Windows Vista, lets wait until next year to buy one" will be fairly tiny - certainly no more than the number of people who won't buy before christmas because of higher prices anyway. PC manufacturers building PCs with compatible hardware might even offer cheap or included Vista upgrades with the PC, I remember this happening just before Windows ME was released.

Can we please stop with the "hurr M$$$" crap? It was never funny and just tends to make posts which use it lose credibility.

Back
Top Bottom