WINTER 2018/2019 - Chat thread!

Soldato
I have gone into hiding not a cat in hells chance am fronting that.

Its blowing a gale here I am stock pilled am not moving anywhere screw that.

Soldato
I have gone into hiding not a cat in hells chance am fronting that.

Its blowing a gale here I am stock pilled am not moving anywhere screw that.
It's been blowing a gale here on and off all week. Looks nice outside then the clouds come along with gale winds blowing stuff everywhere. I had to go out today otherwise I would have shut myself in all week

Associate
This mornings ECM & GEFS 0z show a continuation of warm surface conditions moving up from the S/SW bringing sunshine and clear skies into next weekend, obviously this is still t+168 away and subject to change if the Atlantic decides to fire up and we are quite close to some marginal situations out west.

All in all the week is looking good, temperatures should peak at around 15-16c with south, south east and east coasts seeing the highest temperatures.

Man of Honour
This mornings ECM & GEFS 0z show a continuation of warm surface conditions moving up from the S/SW bringing sunshine and clear skies into next weekend, obviously this is still t+168 away and subject to change if the Atlantic decides to fire up and we are quite close to some marginal situations out west.

All in all the week is looking good, temperatures should peak at around 15-16c with south, south east and east coasts seeing the highest temperatures.

For me it has been a really disappointing winter in terms of the potential versus what it delivered to us and no signs really of any late blast of note.

Caporegime

Nice! :cool:

Almost time for the summer thread :)

Associate
For me it has been a really disappointing winter in terms of the potential versus what it delivered to us and no signs really of any late blast of note.

Incredibly poor Rroff you're right, the early signs in December were for a significant period of strat warming and PV displacement which unfortunately did occur....but over N.America dumping a hell of a lot of snow on them.

The GEFS 6z is out and predicts low 20/21c towards the end of March.....BUT then the GFS Parallel throws a northerly cold blast at us first week of April with some ensemble members picking this up also.

Long way off so enjoy the warmth this coming week :)

Man of Honour
the GFS Parallel throws a northerly cold blast at us first week of April

IIRC the parallel runs have been over predicting cold all winter unfortunately. Along with the solar minimum and other similar factors we really could have seen a far more notable winter :(

Man of Honour
Fairly good support for the jet being pushed south over the next 10-15 days which could allow colder weather in - some indications of fleeting cold intrusions but nothing really firming up yet other than (unseasonable) warmer air is definitely going to be pushed south for a time.

Soldato
A brief light hailstorm ~1200 in SO15 and what looked like possibly freezing rain ~1545 for a few minutes in SO18... Hard to believe it was glorious sunshine near 20C on Monday afternoon, even up near Butser Hill at ~800 feet!

Soldato
A brief light hailstorm ~1200 in SO15 and what looked like possibly freezing rain ~1545 for a few minutes in SO18... Hard to believe it was glorious sunshine near 20C on Monday afternoon, even up near Butser Hill at ~800 feet!

It was like that yesterday its mostly sunny today. 2c yesterday evening it was 14c only a day or before! Not minding the rain though its the first theres been for at least 3 weeks just need a lot more of it. Looks like the summer drought is starting early this year there are still dead patches in the lawn where it died in last years drought.

Back
Top Bottom