WINTER 2018/2019 - Chat thread!

Caporegime
Well another winter approaches, wonder if he will get snow like last year! - Although we didn't get a lot, we did get one severe event with freezing rain, which froze on everything including windows. Woke up one morning and couldn't see anything out of my bedroom :D

Here's the first IN DEPTH forecast - COLD

Soldato
Certainly felt nippy this morning...
Hopefully a repeat of last winter on the cards - couple of snow days always welcome!

Soldato
**** the idea of another winter like last year, firstly I've only just completely defrosted and secondly I'd like to see my family not work every hour god gives

Soldato
As much as i love a beautiful and snowy scene, these cold spells can are pretty dangerous for elderly. There has been estimates that a fair amount of deaths could have been avoided if we haven't somewhat neglected our social welfare and health services in recent years.

Then again the heatwaves have their own death toll. Although it is estimated to be lower, it less manageable.

Soldato
I can't fathom how people want really cold temperatures? Unless your house is insulated to the nth degree. Do you like huge heating bills? Dangerous roads? Cracked pipes?

Soldato
Good frost here this morning shed roof was white over and looked like lawn had been hit as well. - It has to be winter now as the heating came on and only set to 16c

Back
Top Bottom