Poll: Winter 2021/22 - Will we see lots of snow?

What will we see this winter?

• Snow blizzards and minus 50 degrees

Votes: 60 15.5%
  • Drizzle and wind

Votes: 241 62.4%
  • Hurricane Pancakes

Votes: 72 18.7%
  • Highest xxxx since records began

Votes: 78 20.2%

• Total voters
Associate
GFS 06z out at day 10 (Bonfire night) showing snow for higher ground in Scotland, Wales and some for the Cheshire gap / NW area.

If we fast forward to t+384h (November 11th) on the same morning run, then the door is open for a northerly and out in central europe the beast awaits.

Obviously at this point even anything past half term is hard to pin down.

Soldato
Very very wet but also very mild today i went for drizzle and wind in poll

Screenshot-20211028-172630-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Man of Honour
If you’re cold, you’re cold. People are different. I firmly believe you should always be able to be comfortable in your own home wearing a t-shirt.
Like you say people are different. For my other half and step daughter to be comfortable in a tshirt I'd be nipping outside to cool off. It's easier for them to warm up using a blanket or jumper than it is for me to cool down.

Caporegime
Like you say people are different. For my other half and step daughter to be comfortable in a tshirt I'd be nipping outside to cool off. It's easier for them to warm up using a blanket or jumper than it is for me to cool down.
Seriously? Unless you’re hugely overweight, cooling down in the winter indoors is a piece of cake.

Man of Honour
Seriously? Unless you’re hugely overweight, cooling down in the winter indoors is a piece of cake.
Yes seriously, I've always ran very warm.

You can't say in one post "People are different" and then infer I'm a fatty fat fat in another because I find it hard to cool down :o

Soldato
I dont like being over warm, when i visit my folks feel just so uncomfortable (but elderly so they feel it) this fits nicely with me being a tight git, i watch humidity and temperature closly, at 17c now, no heating thats fine but been out walking, probably get it up to 21. C when im in slob mode later, but this will only take an hour of the oil ch (the actual burner will only kick in 55% of that)

Soldato
I think peoples body temperatures change as they go through life.

I remember being 16 years old and going out regularly in just a t-shirt messing around in the big snow drifts.

These days the cold gets to me a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom