Winter 2023/24 - It's FREEZING!

Man of Honour
Amber warning "we're all going to die" here right now. My weather station is reporting 2mph winds at the moment.

I said that last time we had a red warning. Shortly after within a few minutes I watched a huge tree blow over and next doors fence fly over our garden, missing stupid me by a couple of minutes :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Man of Honour
Soldato
Start writing your insurance claim now and beat the rush ;).
This is the problem, I put a claim in at first when my utility roof went through neighbours and insurance company were in meltdown, no way of getting through.
Sent a claim , with a video but neighbour said '"don't bother,you buy some tiles and we will do the job together " ( not real slate so with sealant about £15 ,helps he's a builder though

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite gusty at Heathrow already. What speed does the wind need to get for it to be too dangerous to try landing?
That depends on the aircraft, but 30+ knots and you will see restrictions, also individual airlines will have their own limits. Just because its windy, it might not be a direct crosswind though, windshear is also a factor causing many of the go around.

Back
Top Bottom