Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
From Wikipedia:
The Dire Wolf was larger than the Gray Wolf, averaging about 1.5 metres (5 ft) in length and weighing about 110 kg (240 lb).[7] Despite superficial similarities to the Gray Wolf, there were significant differences between the two species. The legs of the Dire Wolf were proportionally shorter and sturdier than those of the Gray Wolf, and its brain case was smaller than that of a similarly-sized gray wolf.[8]

Caporegime
From Wikipedia:
The Dire Wolf was larger than the Gray Wolf, averaging about 1.5 metres (5 ft) in length and weighing about 110 kg (240 lb).[7] Despite superficial similarities to the Gray Wolf, there were significant differences between the two species. The legs of the Dire Wolf were proportionally shorter and sturdier than those of the Gray Wolf, and its brain case was smaller than that of a similarly-sized gray wolf.[8]

Those are real (i.e. extinct) Dire Wolves, I thought from reading the books that the fantasy Dire Wolves in Westeros are even bigger (the size of a small horse in extreme cases). I also wonder how they're going to do the wolves when they're fully grown, I expect they may have to compromise and keep them small rather than use CGI - I note Jon's Dire Wolf didn't go to The Wall with him, maybe because they have had trouble getting a full sized albino wolf.

Associate
At the start of the scene where he is talking to Tyrion the camera pans out to a shot from accross the river/lake before the rapists arrive and you can see that Ghost is sat in the camp with them.

I don't remember Ghost and John's bond being *that* important until he gets to the wall, but even then I remember Ghost being prone to going of hunting for a day or two on his own? or am i misremembering. Either way I don't think its unrealistic that he wouldn't be by Jon's side when they are travelling, i'd expect he'd be of 'patrolling' for any signs of danger.

Rather enjoyed Summer's appearance in this episode. The one i thought we might have seen more of is Grey Wind, but then Rob hasn't been it that much.

Was trying to avoid it but I'm going to have to read the books again now

Associate
I don't remember Ghost and John's bond being *that* important until he gets to the wall, but even then I remember Ghost being prone to going of hunting for a day or two on his own? or am i misremembering.

Rather enjoyed Summer's appearance in this episode. The one i thought we might have seen more of is Grey Wind, but then Rob hasn't been it that much.

Sounds about right; Ghost tends to do his own thing unless 'needed' :)

As for Grey Wind, i guess he'll appear once Rob's story comes to the fore.

Seems with so much material to cover in season 1, the wolves are each making appearances when they have something 'to do', but yeah, i also want to see more Ghost :D

Associate
I found it... A bit average personally :(

i thought exactly the same thing first time round, but then i watched the episode again & it 'flowed' much better. Don't know why that is but i've found that with a couple of the episodes so far.

i think it's because there's a week between episodes :( If they were closer together (every night :D) the pacing would seem much better.

Soldato
Was good but still not great for me.

I think I'm just wanting it to be amazing because I love period / fantasy stuff.

Soldato
I enjoyed that episode :) Tyrion Lannister is my favourite character so far and Arya is pretty good too. Quite a contrast now with Daenerys compared to the first episode, I'm looking forward to see how she develops further.

Caporegime
And was that James Cosmo up at The Wall ? What a legend that guy is :D Born up in Clydebank :).

Yup :D and Finchy from The Office and some other bloke I recognise. It's been said that Thrones is The Sopranos meets Middle Earth, but I say it's more like The Sopranoes meets Harry Potter with the number of British actors involved ;)

Associate
Started watching these and gotta say it has been fantastic up to now. I bought the first book a while ago but haven't got round to reading it yet. Guess it is the next book I start :)

Back
Top Bottom