Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Trial by combat is a fight to the death by the way. I don't think Jamie is good enough to fight a decent opponent left handed. Bronn has been making childsplay of Jaime's swordsmanship.

Bronn also probably won't want to fight for Tyrion, if he wins he'll probably be killed by a Cersei attack squad as revenge. I'm pretty sure the answer has already been given to us in the trailers leading up to this season though.

Tyrion and anyone who represents him would have to flee King's Landing upon victory anyway. As you say, Cersei will still seek revenge. TBH I think Tyrion is aware that he is done for whatever happens. Cersei would have him killed at The Wall or on the way up there. Trial by Combat is his (slim) chance at getting out of the situation alive.

Caporegime
Tyrion and anyone who represents him would have to flee King's Landing upon victory anyway. As you say, Cersei will still seek revenge. TBH I think Tyrion is aware that he is done for whatever happens. Cersei would have him killed at The Wall or on the way up there. Trial by Combat is his (slim) chance at getting out of the situation alive.

or be strong enough to not give a **** like the hound.

Soldato
Oberyn vs. The Mountain as we know that one is coming sooner or later...

This is how I think it will go down, not sure how it will happen, but Cersei could well have a hand in picking the mountain as surely that would give her the best odds on a favourable out come, Then Oberyn volunteers as it's the reason he is in kings landing? Something like that could happen.

Soldato
I just have to say... awesome episode. The trial had me tense as hell!

Echo this!

Some great moments...

1. Tyrion's trial. Surely getting Jaime is the best course of action to thoroughly scupper their father's master plan - Tywin knew Jaime would come to an agreement... he's more devious than Varius or Littlefinger.

Jaime vs. Meryn would be good as they both don't like each other.

or be strong enough to not give a **** like the hound.

Maybe Tyrion will embrace the Lord of Light and get resurrected? :p

2. Margaery must be thinking either "Holy crap this place is full of lies and corruption as my grandmother did the murder!" or "When i'm Queen, I get to play games like this! Cool!".

3. The Reek thing with the Dreadfort is getting stupid now. I'm really starting to hate that story line. His sister had such an epic opening speech, and then it fell flat on it's face.

Last edited:
Soldato
Peter Dinklage deserves awarding for that performance. Incredible.

So who is going to fight on behalf of Tyrion I wonder?

Having read them, i finally know what it feels like having to resist the urge to spoil something!

Generally I have given up on Stannis

As i have seen somebody write before, I was never on the stannis love train, so i really don't get the problem people take with him. He is supposed to be cold, hard and unlikable, in comparison to Renly's warm charismatic charm. Job done.

There's filler, then there's filler, and then there's the Ironborn's attack on the Dreadfort. absolutely awful in writing, directing, pacing, everything. There aren't enough words to describe how ridiculous it was in every way!

Scene made complete by mixing in Calamity Sax after the 'How fast can you run?'. Leave the tune running for the reek/bolton bath seen as well for a sort of Tarantino vibe.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Loved the last ep...

Watching Season 1-3 and the first few eps of 4 all together, then having to wait a week for this weeks ep was bad enough, waiting for next one is killerrrr.

Can't believe how much of a *female dog* Shae is!

Soldato
The last 3 minutes of that episode saved it. Superb performance from Dinklage. Looking forward to the next 4 episodes, hoping for a few twists and turns before the season is out :).

Soldato
What if, Tyrion calls Bronn as his Champion, and then Cersei/Tywin (or whoever calls his opponent) calls on Jaime to fight him. Would seem fitting seeing as those pair have been training together. Jaime loses and dies for his brother (because he is the only one who truly loves Tyrion), and then Tywin is left with just Tyrion to continue the family name - ooooh controversy!

Back
Top Bottom