Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
unless they go meandering off beyond his stories which I don't see happening.

Erm, they've been doing that for the entirety of the TV series? :p

Of course, I just don't have to read any more of his crap. It's rare a TV show or film is so much better than the book. This is one of those cases by a mile.

So so wrong.

As for this weeks episode... just sigh. Disappointing all round. Good things are happening, but they're just not resolved or fleshed out enough, leaving me thinking half of the episode was a waste of time.

Which comes back to the point about the books being far better written. The earlier seasons which adherred much more strictly to the books flowed better, made more sense, and were more enjoyable.

Caporegime
Daenerys' story is seriously dragging. It's the same in the books, just totally stalled. It's like he got her started on a course in the east, but then ended up with loads more stuff to do in the west so now she's left waiting for her cue.

Soldato
Daenerys' story is seriously dragging. It's the same in the books, just totally stalled. It's like he got her started on a course in the east, but then ended up with loads more stuff to do in the west so now she's left waiting for her cue.

He gave her the Dragons too early TBH. Wrote himself in to a corner there, as she's now basically a plot device to bring Dragons to Westeros to fight the army of the dead. Because of the Dragons it is impossible to write her out of the story (for now) no matter how crap a character she is. If she never had them, he could have dropped her as soon as he ran out of ideas.

Caporegime
So so wrong.

As for this weeks episode... just sigh. Disappointing all round. Good things are happening, but they're just not resolved or fleshed out enough, leaving me thinking half of the episode was a waste of time.

Which comes back to the point about the books being far better written. The earlier seasons which adherred much more strictly to the books flowed better, made more sense, and were more enjoyable.

I agree on the earlier books they were great, the TV series couldn't follow the final two books because they were boring drawn out ****. You would struggle to get half a season of interest from both books put together.

This series is the best series since the first, I don't know what people want, complaining 20 minutes of a episode isn't moving the story along fast enough. I just rewatched 1-5 in quick sucession, GOT has never been about battles, yet they are the times you get people coming in here to tell you how epic an episode was.

I think they deal a really good job moving along all of the Starks stories, except Rikon, Queen Margery did a convincing job of saving her skin by dragging in the King and Jamies story moved forward. All in all a very good episode I thought, plus Bron, couldn't ask for more really :)

Associate
glad that my fav characters back (The hound) but kinda disappointing that he is. I haven't read all the books but know how he is rumored to end up in the books so far and it seems like a great end for the character. But alas seems it's not to be and it's back to the life of violence which it seems they really glossed over in the show.

Soldato
Interesting episode.
It is rather strange, however, the brotherhood folks, were they blitzing that community as they followed the seven, or to raid their stores, or why exactly.
I thought the brotherhood was there to stand up for the little people against the larger houses who had been shown to care not for the little folk.

Also, might be wrong, but how do we expect Sandor, to get back into position for a cleganbowl this series, doubt that could happen.

I did like the Blackfish asking Jamie if he had fulfilled his oath to Caitlin, back in captivity then? Very amusing.

One would expect Brienne will have to arrive very soon in order to tell him to leave the castle pop North and help out Jon. Can't see that happening in time for the battle at Winterfell either. Knights of the Errie can turn up in time now they've been asked to.

So many things are left wide open, it will be interesting to see what gets resolved, and what doesn't.

Associate
Glad the hound is back, he's gonna go on an axe rampage. Though he did seem to recover from near death rather well!

Arya will be fine...too much setup for her character to go out like that.

Caporegime
The last three episodes have been awesome, but for the love of all that is holy please give the High Sparrow a slow and tortured death soon or I may lob my TV out of the window.

Soldato
Am I the only one rooting for the High Sparrow in that stand-off?

Sure, he uses religion to manipulate people in to doing his will, but I'd rate that above the excess and utter contempt for "everyone who isn't us" that the ruling classes in KL have.

The most satisfying ending would be seeing them all perish though (with Jamie the sole survivor as he won't be there to die). I kinda feel bad for Tommen, but he's so easily exploited that he won't survive the wars to come anyway. In every corner of his domain, enemies who are more capable of winning the Game of Thrones than he will ever be. He's already dead. He just hasn't realised it yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I the only one rooting for the High Sparrow in that stand-off?

Sure, he uses religion to manipulate people in to doing his will, but I'd rate that above the excess and utter contempt for "everyone who isn't us" that the ruling classes in KL have.

The most satisfying ending would be seeing them all perish though (with Jamie the sole survivor as he won't be there to die). I kinda feel bad for Tommen, but he's so easily exploited that he won't survive the wars to come anyway. In every corner of his domain, enemies who are more capable of winning the Game of Thrones than he will ever be. He's already dead. He just hasn't realised it yet.

I have a theory that Tommen is playing along as well, just like Margery was.

Soldato
I have a theory that Tommen is playing along as well, just like Margery was.

Maybe. I'm not sure it matters much. If he's playing along the idea must have come from Margery. He's still the good little boy doing what he's told.

He has no authority over the Seven Kingdoms whatsoever. The Tyrells support him for power through marriage. The Lannisters support him because he's family. The Boltons, the Starks, the Greyjoys, the Martels, the Tullys and potentially now the Arryns openly ignore his rule. He isn't respected in the slightest and has no real power beyond that lent to him by his and Margery's families. Remove the White Walkers and Dany from the equation and he'd be usurped before long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom