Newcastle shopping list

Striker, DM, CB.

How many loans are available at one time? Asking for a mate

Soldato
OP
Adidas has spoken we are elite.

Back to transfers

Ekitike loan from PSG looks on.

Ekitike and Phillips look to be the main targets.

When he was playing Phillips defensive output was mental.

Soldato
OP
Signing Ramsdale in Jan on anything other than a loan would be madness. Would cost a fortune, whatever budget available needs to be on outfield players to cover the gaps. Dubravka as good as Pope anyway imo, his kicking is certainly better.
Miley probably saved us about 40 odd million lol. Would like to see us improve the right wing. Then a youngish CB and striker.

Soldato
OP
Not a chance - we are flying too close to FFP limits to consider any Man Utd rejects with their stupid wages.
Newcastle still got money to spend and quite a bit I believe. Just playing the market extremely well. There’s probably a budget of around 40million for this window if need be.

The club top brass has already stated multiple times that there’s money there if the right player pops up they will move or move summer plans forward.

Question is are we still after Philps on loan with option? Finally get that out and out 6 instead of 6/8 hybrids

Looks like we are at the point now that the rebuilding will slow down and players will be rotated in and out with 1 prime target added per season.

We have goone big on players under 25 and aim to progress that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Howe was asked about him. Quotes below. I would be very happy if we got him in. We have a few gaps in our squad and an out and out DM is one of them.

"The only thing I can say about him is I am asking for good personalities and characters and he is a perfect example. And after that I have to give him something and I didn't do that."

Soldato
OP
Man I love transfer windows only 13days, 15hours, 11 mins and 30 secs to go.

1st of January I want to see Philips straight through the door. This will be interesting as loads of clubs seems to be after a proper DM but seem to be focussed on younger foreign players. Newcastle seem to have a March on this one tho with Eddie saying Philips is the type of character he has asked for.

If we really have ****** up Barnes injury diagnoses then we do need cover up top.

Soldato
OP
I'd be very worried about his game ability at this point... He's been sitting on a bench now for two seasons. That's never been good for any player and I'm not entirely sure I ever remember a bench warmer getting back to their best.

Saying that, I do have a lot of admiration for Eddie Howe's man management and we've seen that in spades with the Newcastle squad and some excellent re/awakenings.
That’s the risk and at 7million doubt it will happen.

If he has at least 75% of his Leeds ability he vastly improves Newcastle. Long range passing. Ability to drop back into a back 3 when ever a fullback plows forward.

Sit at the base of our attack. At the min we expect Bruno to progress the ball out of defence and be the main creative in attack. It has worked up to the point but now we can’t do it because of fitness levels. Same as last season when Longstaff was missing. He had the energy to make recovery runs when we lost the ball. Hence all the missing you memes.

Kev on twitter did a fantastic write up showing no other team as suffered as many counterattacking shots than Newcastle as more teams play lowblock and just hit us on the counter.

We lack the ability to make recovery runs due to fitness. Hence all the goals you see from teams breaking straight up the middle which is the worst type of counter attack as they lead to better goal scoring opportunities. You want the counters to be down the wing.

We can’t control games when we take the lead. We have fantastic energetic 8’s but don’t have that out and out 6. Bruno and Sandro can play there but that’s not their main play style.

Just having an out and out DM that will sit at the base of the midfield 3 will even out team. Bruno goes forward Longstaff or Joelinton have to drop back and cover the gap and makes out attacks very one sided.

We don’t even need a starter. Just have that option on the bench. Throw on a DM when legs gets tired or when the game is tight.

It doesn’t have to be Philps but he’s pretty decent and available this window.

Soldato
OP
Isak must be worth 250millon now. Just look at the amount of money teams have spent on strikers over the past two season that can’t score for **** lol

Back
Top Bottom