Winter Transfer Window 23/24

Wouldn’t want him anyway, he’s going though the same purple patch now, that Miggy did last season.
one of them stories that make the headlines for no reason. Never enquired about him but somehow we can't afford him lol

Only deal I see us getting done is Philips probably in the last few days in the window. Only real club that seems interested in him so City might just drop their must buy option for the loan to be completed.

Far better players available on the continent for less than £42m in the summer. Dont get me wrong I think we need players in, but I would prefer to wait until the summer if a better player is available for less
Depends on the on Philps you get. Leeds version is everything we lack and would be a bargain at that price buts he’s did **** all since going to City hence the loan fee and obligation to buy is putting everyone off.

Our rotating midfield ain’t working due to fitness we just need an out and out 6 if the team is expected to play 2-3 games a week.

I like Craig Hope, despite the fact he looks like Steve Bruce could be his dad, but he's farming for clicks like all journalists these days. Why would a threadbare squad loan out an almost 1 in 2 centre forward?
He's 32 and has 18 months left on his contract so can see why they would sell if the opportunity came up but who would you replace him with and if there is a viable replacement then why aren't Athletico buying him? Or are Newcastle prepared to sell
CEO says we open for business last week and this is the outcome. I believe the Wilson bid was last week but I don’t think A.Madrid can afford a permanent deal hence the loan bid was rejected. We sell Wilson this window we can move forward our summer target.
Seen there was interest last week from Saudi. I don’t even think that club is one that owned by the PIF. Also clubs in Italy interested but doubt they be offering anything close to Saudi.

I wonder if the deal goes through do we recall Minteh? Or signed a new forward.

@woppy101 and @Bigpig - I might have missed this but is there any succinct summary (or if you could take a bit of time...)of why Newcastle are having to sell and how 50m now turns into 3x50m in the summer? Cheers in advance
Wouldn’t be surprised if we sell no one lol

A simple explanation.

if sell a player for 50m that’s goes down on the books as 50m in that window/season.

If you buy a player for 50million and give him a 5 year contract that 50m purchase is spread over the length of the contract. Giving the club 40m headroom. Only 10m goes against that season finances (You books still have to balance the following seasons or stay within the allowed losses for the 3year period)

It’s why Chelsea was handing out 8 year contracts and selling all home grown players as they don’t have a book value.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom