Winter Transfer Window 23/24

Soldato
OP
As above, no it doesn't. If you sell a player that has £0 value on the club accounts (an academy player for instance) then that £50m goes straight on the books. If for example Newcastle sold Tonali for £50m this January, they'd only record a profit of around £500k because his value on the club accounts is circa £49.5m.
I know I was putting it into simple terms. It’s depends on the players Book value.

Miggy book value is probably zero now as he extended his contract.

It also depends on how the transfer is paid I believe

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's not simple terms though, it's just wrong. As I showed, you can sell two players for the same amount and record massively different profits.

As for Almiron, his value won't be zero. A players value is only £0 when they're either out of contract or no transfer fee was paid (academy players or free transfers). When a player extends his contract, whatever value he has is then spread over the new contract. The new PL (and UEFA) rules state that this can only be done over a maximum of 5 years but that applies to both the original contract and any contract extentions.

A very quick google tells me Almiron cost £21m and signed on a 5.5 year deal, he then extended his deal after 4 years to a new 3.5 year deal. His value on the accounts will be, give or take, around £4.1m.
Would you give over. I’m sitting here trying to answer a question that was asked while trying not to get caught on my phone at work lol.

You are literally nickpicking over little small details. The premise is correct. It’s the way The Newcastle CEO explained it in the video.

Woppy doo 4 million off Miggy book value.

Soldato
OP
Sorry no your nickpicking. The basic premise is there. Most of us don’t live with the Ueffa handbook under our pillow.

Woppy doo = Woopie doo

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Meh Philps off to Westham loan and option to buy. Not sure if the option is obligatory.

That was what all the press outlets were reporting stoping a move to Newcastle. Big loan fee and Obligation to buy.

Soldato
OP
TBH for a 33 year old, we would be stupid to turn that down.
And rejected. Obviously we not that hard up as that was a pretty decent offer!!!!

Might come down to player choice now if they come back with an improved offer. He owes us nothing. Took a paycut and helped pull us out of relegation and give us a spin in the champions league :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Don’t get me wrong I love Tripps, and he took a gamble on us, but at 33 and getting more than we paid for him, we would be stupid to turn it down, unless we feel there is another bid coming. we have Tino to step in and Ashby coming back in the summer from loan.
I’m fine either way. Club obviously not that hard up.

I was right!! We signed a player this window who hoo we got our midfielder :D

Back
Top Bottom