Wireless gaming headset recommendation

Soldato
Picked up the Astro A50's 2nd hand for under £100, replaced the ear cushions for Hygiene purposes and the sound quality especially the bass is much better than the Arctis 7's. There is a faint background hiss with the A50's whereas the Arctis 7's were silent when no sound was being played. Not convinced yet with the 7.1 surround sound and now wondering whether the Arctis 7's are better but need to play more games as only played one and listened to the Dolby Youtube video's. The dock for the A50's is a bit of a wedge and difficult to find a home with it being so big. Idea is the headphones sit in the dock cradle and charge but its a bit of a struggle to get them to doc perfectly so they do charge on it. I still dont get why these are £250 rrp almost twice the cost of the Arctis 7.

Soldato
Just picked up some Plantronics RIG 800HD's I've always been a big fan of Plantronics but since moved away from they in last few years be interesting to see how these compare with the A50's as they are Dolby Atmos compatible too and I am a bit disappointed with the A50's 7.1. When doing the tests the left and right side channels are not that much different from the left and right rears. Compared to the Hyper II (wired) which you could tell the difference more.

Associate
I have Arctis Pro Wireless , wouldn't go back to wired now. The little transmitter is fantastic too especially as it splits audio for your audio/friends chat/game into individual channels by default - great if you record footage on OBS etc.

Spare battery, charger slot in the transmitter and tons of other features. Very expensive but worth it IMHO. I've wasted a lot of money on gaming headsets before, wish I'd just gone for these earlier.

Same head set here, highly recommended. Replaced some aging Sennheiser PC360. Only very minor thigs against the APW is my ears get warmer.

Associate
Thanks guys for all your input I finished up getting the Sennheiser gsp600’s with the gsx1000 I figured the bang for buck was pretty good and tbh these things are just amazing got to listen to my friends set of Arctic pro’s with game dac and thought they where great but figured I would have to try the Sennheiser’s because they get a lot of praise from everyone and I’m so glad I did these gsp600’s with the gsx1000 are leaps ahead of the Arctis Pro’s with game dac for me imo I would urge anyone who is looking a set of headphones if you have the option to give the Sennheiser’s a try thank you everyone for all your help and Merry Christmas from Belfast lads :D

Soldato
Thanks guys for all your input I finished up getting the Sennheiser gsp600’s with the gsx1000 I figured the bang for buck was pretty good and tbh these things are just amazing got to listen to my friends set of Arctic pro’s with game dac and thought they where great but figured I would have to try the Sennheiser’s because they get a lot of praise from everyone and I’m so glad I did these gsp600’s with the gsx1000 are leaps ahead of the Arctis Pro’s with game dac for me imo I would urge anyone who is looking a set of headphones if you have the option to give the Sennheiser’s a try thank you everyone for all your help and Merry Christmas from Belfast lads :D

Wired though need wireless.

Soldato
Would you recommend Corsair's headphones?
Frequency response of Corsair H1500 is among the worser ones in this comparison of gaming trinket garbage.
https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/60...gher-quality-testresults---frequency-response
Before seeing that wexpected them to have decent quality like Takstar made Kingston HyperXes and QPADs.
Though should have known better, knowing how Corsair sells lots of basic cheap PSUs using brand image.

Best to use approach that the more brand uses money to legalized lying, the worser its products are.

Associate
My Sibera 650's are on their last legs.

As others have mentioned, Arctis 7's(Wireless) are sub 100 quid at the moment.

I've been really pleased with the 650's. Anyone ever compared them to the 7s?

Soldato
Does anyone have experience with the Logitech G533? Look good and on offer at the moment for £70.

I have been using my wireless PS4 Gold headphones and I actually quite like them! If these are an improvement, then I might go for it. I think my PS4 headset is not charging effectively anymore :(

Associate
Does anyone have experience with the Logitech G533? Look good and on offer at the moment for £70.

I have been using my wireless PS4 Gold headphones and I actually quite like them! If these are an improvement, then I might go for it. I think my PS4 headset is not charging effectively anymore :(
Might not be any use, but I picked up a pair of Arctis 7s today for sub £90. Very pleased.

Associate
I saw them from the famous indian dish shop.... none in my area unfortunately and no delivery!

Yeah- I was lucky as i was at my in-laws (90 miles from home) and they had them in stock 15miles away. Nothing near my home address. Very pleased with them to be honest, especially at that price.

Associate
Picked up the Astro A50's 2nd hand for under £100, replaced the ear cushions for Hygiene purposes and the sound quality especially the bass is much better than the Arctis 7's. There is a faint background hiss with the A50's whereas the Arctis 7's were silent when no sound was being played. Not convinced yet with the 7.1 surround sound and now wondering whether the Arctis 7's are better but need to play more games as only played one and listened to the Dolby Youtube video's. The dock for the A50's is a bit of a wedge and difficult to find a home with it being so big. Idea is the headphones sit in the dock cradle and charge but its a bit of a struggle to get them to doc perfectly so they do charge on it. I still dont get why these are £250 rrp almost twice the cost of the Arctis 7.
I find the Arctics 7 to be very quiet. I may give the Seinhsers 600 and DAC a go if funds will stretch that far.

Associate
Which version though 2019 or the earlier ones ? The 2019 version have improved sound and comfort. - just had a look on their website and its the earlier version they are selling so must be clearing old stock.
Nope - they are the 2019 version. Manufacturing date of October 2018. 2019 version manufactured from August. Smaller box too etc. This was the first thing I checked before parting with my cash! :)

Caporegime
Similar boat.

Can't decide on a set.

Must be wireless.
Preference of sound quality ice gaming features.

At the moment looking at the SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Bear in mind I am used to quite nice audio stuff. My wired cans are d2000s and my desk sissies are B&W 607s

Obviously I'm not expecting audiophile quality but I'd rather compromise gaming features.

Back
Top Bottom