Witcher 4 has been confirmed by CD Projekt Red (Hopefully)

Soldato
I would listen to the story bits so I know what's going on, I just don't want all the unintelligible and meaningless gibberish that surrounds it.

Do you fast forward through all the dialogue when you're watching stuff like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead as well? :D :eek:

Sounds like you'd better get on eBay and buy one of those attention span thingies. ;)

Associate
What the actual heck... skip it? Is your >> button on your remote worn out, did you binge watch the latest series of your favourite show in 6 minutes. How can you skip it. Skip it... hhnnngggg... my brain doesn't compute.

Edit: I love the thread title. Witcher 4 has been confirmed by CD Projekt Red (Hopefully) lol

Soldato
I skipped most of the tedious dialogue in Witcher 3, sadly that just showed up the repetitive and sub par game play. Hopefully 4 is an improvement.

I'll admit that a couple of times if I was tired/grumpy, I'd have subtitles on, and skip forwards as I could read a hell of a lot quicker (plus being old school I'm used to not needing voice acting :D). Most of the time it just doesn't make sense to do it, though.

Soldato
Did you ever play Diablo 3? Was that more your bag?.

Skyrim was actually better for the Dungeon part IMO but I prefer proper story driven games these days. In Skyrim, the story felt weak and secondary to me but I still dip into it occasionally to do exactly what you mention. I have so much gear hoarded in my Whiterun house it's plain silly... :eek: :)

Soldato
I'd rather they focus on Cyberpunk. Found W3 to be rather overrated story-wise. A couple of interesting characters and occasionally entertaining dialogue but the pacing was off and the actual main story was underwhelming. Apart from that, the gameplay mechanics needed a lot of work. Still a mostly enjoyable experience overall.

I want to see what they do with a different type of setting.

Permabanned
Played all those as well. :) I liked W3 but some of the W3 love is way over the top when the actual gameplay, an essential part of a game, wasn't that great.

I couldn't even play W1 or 2 because the combat was pants, imo.

Soldato
I think Cyberpunk will be a very welcome departure from the myriad of mediaeval fantasy games we've had in recent years. Especially given that the latest Deus Ex wasn't that spectacular and didn't scratch my itch for a dystopian future setting in the vein of Blade Runner.

Caporegime
Once we eventually get some new media, I'll be very interested to see more of what Cyberpunk is about.

Last edited:
Permabanned
What the actual heck... skip it? Is your >> button on your remote worn out, did you binge watch the latest series of your favourite show in 6 minutes. How can you skip it. Skip it... hhnnngggg... my brain doesn't compute.

Because I want to play the game rather than sit there listening to 100,000s of lines of waffle? I think it's you folks that have got it backwards. If you want that much story why not just get a good audiobook?

Soldato
You do realise that the line between games and TV/Film is becoming increasingly blurred? Many of us enjoy what basically amounts to an interactive box-set or film these days alongside more traditional gaming.

Soldato
Because I want to play the game rather than sit there listening to 100,000s of lines of waffle? I think it's you folks that have got it backwards. If you want that much story why not just get a good audiobook?

If you don't want story why the frak are you playing storydriven games?

Associate
This was picked up erroneously by several news outlets but the story is from 2015 when CDPR announced blood and wine for witcher 3. It is NOT witcher 4. There will never be witcher 4, CDPR have said so. Look it up. This is a BS story Im afraid.

Associate

Because an audiobook isn't interactive, pretty obvious really.

Back
Top Bottom