Wokery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You mean like the man babies that were so upset about losing a poxy game they felt the need to abuse someone, start fights or trash something. This is the most pathetic thing of all, not people not being able to put up with abuse racist or otherwise.

Absolutely, what a bunch of pathetic morons. Verbal abuse, racist abuse? Man up and get over it. :p

It's some impressive reasoning to get to the point where we're arguing that the people getting abused are the ones who need to man up, rather than questioning why people get so upset at losing a game (a game they're not even actively playing themselves, just watching) that they feel they need to throw abuse at people.

But but, those mean footballers destroyed their dreeeeeeeammmmms!!1!1

I can understand why people would get extremely frustrated though, the guy is paid a fortune had one job to do and failed effectively destroying the dreams of millions.

lol

Soldato
Those that racially abuse these players will likely be getting a knock on the door from the boys in blue and perhaps being handed their P45 from their place of work. Words have consequences as they are about to find out.

Eugh, its really sad to see little fascists in 2021.

As abhorant as calling someone the N word is, (monkey emojis on the internet less so) it's still hurt feelings, why should hurt feelings be any business of the governement?

Caporegime
Tyrone is bang on here. Patel and Johnson condoned fans booing them calling the players actions gesture politics, when it was the politicians doing exactly that. Surprise surprise when the racists empowered by our leaders then vent their racism at those players.

Patel and Johnson did no such thing and the racism, while abhorrent, seems to be both over-hyped by the media and artificially generated in the first place in many case.

The monkey emojis, as Southgate commented, seem to be from overseas accounts/bots etc... the graffiti on the Rashford mural doesn't seem to have been racist but rather is some angry idiot.

Some LARPers, seemingly Somalis, have made their twitter accounts look like EDL types and started tweeting racist stuff regarding the players.

And one Estate Agency manager has a racist tweet from his account - whether from him or as he claims, a third party (idiot, racist mate in the pub? hacked?) is still tba... pending investigation.

Caporegime
Well, footballers have never exactly been known for their intelligence and they were so incompetent they got to a final for the first time in 55 years....

Nah, football fans just need to grow up.

The individuals being complained about had very little involvement in that. That's part of the complaint.

Soldato
So what your point? Because you are deaf and disabled people should be allowed to call someone the n-word and post monkey emojis etc and there be no consequences and people should just accept that as someone's opinion? That online abuse and bullying is fair game and people should just "man up". Sorry that isn't how it works here. Those that racially abuse these players will likely be getting a knock on the door from the boys in blue and perhaps being handed their P45 from their place of work. Words have consequences as they are about to find out.

This concerns me greatly. What does it have to do with my employer if I express an opinion on twitter, particularly if I don't mention the business or have it known where I work therefore not bringing it into disrepute?

I'm not suggesting that abuse online is right but there's a line and your employer sacking you for an opinion that has no concern to them crosses it.

Soldato
This concerns me greatly. What does it have to do with my employer if I express an opinion on twitter, particularly if I don't mention the business or have it known where I work therefore not bringing it into disrepute?

I'm not suggesting that abuse online is right but there's a line and your employer sacking you for an opinion that has no concern to them crosses it.

Maybe they just don't want to employ a colossal shaft.

The internet has been around for long enough now that if people haven't cottoned on about what they are saying, especially if it's traceable, can be used against them then they're even more foolish than I thought.

Capodecina
Soldato
Patel and Johnson did no such thing and the racism, while abhorrent, seems to be both over-hyped by the media and artificially generated in the first place in many case.

The monkey emojis, as Southgate commented, seem to be from overseas accounts/bots etc... the graffiti on the Rashford mural doesn't seem to have been racist but rather is some angry idiot.

Does anyone know what the graffiti actually said? I can't find a source anywhere reporting what it said in full [I stress "in full"]. So far there's no evidence that it was racist, as far as I can see.

Soldato
It's absolutely disgusting for people to use racist language online, I find it interesting that it seems new to people though, this has been an ongoing thing since I've been using the internet, not even just racism either, just people saying the most vile hurtful things they can think of to upset another individual because they're anonymous and have no other means of attacking someone.

I've seen some things floating around online today suggesting that you search for their employer and report them, sure by all means, except of course there's nothing really stopping anyone setting up an account in someone else's name, accounts aren't verified in any way. If you really want to hurt someone then just make fake accounts in their name until someone reports that person to the Police and their employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom