Wolfenstein The New Colossus

Associate
Hmm, slightly off topic, but...

Decided to have another shot at Wolfenstein: Old Blood. I'd started it before, so thought I'd continue from where I left off.
Soon as I clicked play on steam, some "End-user licence agreement" popped up stating I had to click & agree before I could play the game.

Definitely haven't seen this before, anyone else noticed it?

Soldato
I'd love to buy this as I really enjoyed New Order and Old Blood... But after completing Old Blood I happened to buy myself a X34a and low and behold, Bethesda don't seem to be aware that the 21:9 ratio exists.

I'll hold out and see if it's supporting modern hardware before buying. Fingers X'd.

Soldato
I'd love to buy this as I really enjoyed New Order and Old Blood... But after completing Old Blood I happened to buy myself a X34a and low and behold, Bethesda don't seem to be aware that the 21:9 ratio exists.

I'll hold out and see if it's supporting modern hardware before buying. Fingers X'd.

I played both games at 3440x1440 and it supported it ok - there was only a slight issue with tutorial type messages that came on the screen being a bit cut off if I remember correctly. My monitor is the almost the same is yours - the freesync XR34 75Hz version so can't understand why you you're having problems. There are Flawless Widescreen fixes for both games you could try - they are primarily to fix the stretching of the cut scenes but they might sort you out...

Soldato
I played both games at 3440x1440 and it supported it ok - there was only a slight issue with tutorial type messages that came on the screen being a bit cut off if I remember correctly. My monitor is the almost the same is yours - the freesync XR34 75Hz version so can't understand why you you're having problems. There are Flawless Widescreen fixes for both games you could try - they are primarily to fix the stretching of the cut scenes but they might sort you out...

It should be supported by default.... As should Skyrim SE, Fallout 4, The Evil Within... Etc..

Bethesda are lazy.

Soldato
It should be supported by default.... As should Skyrim SE, Fallout 4, The Evil Within... Etc..

Bethesda are lazy.

Yes I absolutely agree - particularly when so many games from 10+ years ago support them natively. If games like Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and Pyschonauts from 2004 can detect the monitors resolutions and display the game accordingly then I can't understand why some modern games don't - it almost makes you think it's deliberate but I guess its just how the games are coded...

Soldato
I don't pre-order, been burnt & learnt, but definitely looking forward to seeing how it turns out :)
I don't very often but there are exceptions for me. If I'm a huge fan of a series then I'll pre-order on the basis that it's highly unlikely I won't enjoy the game and the fact that I don't pay much over £30 for a game so it's either pre-order for around that price or wait 6 months for the price to come down to under that again. Sometimes you just know you're going to love a game and I think the new Wolfenstein game is a safe a bet as any. I've also pre-ordered the new South Park game and intend to pre-order The Evil Within 2 (cause I absolutely loved the first one and is also going for £27.49 on CDkeys by the way) and Darksiders 3 when it comes around. I guess you have to trust your instinct a bit too, for example I was a huge fan of the Mass Effect series which would usually qualify as pre-order material for me, but something was stopping me from being as excited as I should have been so decided to wait to see how it turned out (this was obviously before the free demo came out and the revelation of the games many issues) - at the moment I have zero desire to play it based on the feedback and will likely wait until it's either under £10 or available via Origin Access before I play it...

Associate
I don't very often but there are exceptions for me. If I'm a huge fan of a series then I'll pre-order on the basis that it's highly unlikely I won't enjoy the game and the fact that I don't pay much over £30 for a game so it's either pre-order for around that price or wait 6 months for the price to come down to under that again. Sometimes you just know you're going to love a game and I think the new Wolfenstein game is a safe a bet as any. I've also pre-ordered the new South Park game and intend to pre-order The Evil Within 2 (cause I absolutely loved the first one and is also going for £27.49 on CDkeys by the way) and Darksiders 3 when it comes around. I guess you have to trust your instinct a bit too, for example I was a huge fan of the Mass Effect series which would usually qualify as pre-order material for me, but something was stopping me from being as excited as I should have been so decided to wait to see how it turned out (this was obviously before the free demo came out and the revelation of the games many issues) - at the moment I have zero desire to play it based on the feedback and will likely wait until it's either under £10 or available via Origin Access before I play it...

I had problems (as did loads of others) with my AMD card for some reason on New Order, apparently Old Blood is problematic for others too, that's why I'm hoping & not buying hehe.
Although AMD are partnered this time, so it should be(?) okay.

There are some firms that are usually an insta-buy for me, assuming the game is along the lines of what I like.
Anything made by Frictional Games, Amanita Design, Black Forest Games & the odd Indie or three.

But there's things like "Dark Souls III is made for pc" & turns out it's sodding awful to set up for M&KB, as was DSII & other games that are too plagued by consolitis that put me off ;)

Got the advantage though, as I imagine everyone else does, that I've already more games than I could ever complete, so I'm in no rush hehe.

Soldato
I had problems (as did loads of others) with my AMD card for some reason on New Order, apparently Old Blood is problematic for others too, that's why I'm hoping & not buying hehe.
Although AMD are partnered this time, so it should be(?) okay.

There are some firms that are usually an insta-buy for me, assuming the game is along the lines of what I like.
Anything made by Frictional Games, Amanita Design, Black Forest Games & the odd Indie or three.

But there's things like "Dark Souls III is made for pc" & turns out it's sodding awful to set up for M&KB, as was DSII & other games that are too plagued by consolitis that put me off ;)

Got the advantage though, as I imagine everyone else does, that I've already more games than I could ever complete, so I'm in no rush hehe.
Thankfully I've had no problems with the Wolfenstein games using my Fury X. I too have over 80 games yet to be played...

Associate
Thankfully I've had no problems with the Wolfenstein games using my Fury X. I too have over 80 games yet to be played...

You are one of the lucky ones with your Fury X, although from what I've read, that's one of the cards that goes "haha, np dude!"

No idea why some AMD cards were plagued with problems, but sheesh, I went from an HD6850 being good with the game to an RX480 (amazing card, from here btw) struggling until I managed to glitch some fixes.

As for the 80 games, that reminds me I'm several (ouch) hundred queued up games :rolleyes:

;)

Back
Top Bottom