Women's eyebrows these days - What the devil is going on?

Soldato
I just don't undersatnd what is going on with women's eyebrows these days... Either they are tattooed on or have been ridiculously shaped/fashioned in to some ghastly expresion. Or both. Is this considered fashionable or attractive??? Seriously, when I was a hot blooded male I dont even think I noticed eyebrows - all types were good i.e. thick, thin, even a mono-brow lol.... But now, they just seem so false and fake it is almost repulsive to me. When/how did this trend start? I see girls/women of all ages following this downward spiral of 'forced/fake' horrible eyebrows. I would primarily be interested in hearing opinions of female posters on this phenomena... But also men - am I going crazy or have you noticed this too?

Fashion - it overrides individual taste and common sense...like when the skinny fit jeans/trousers came out. Now everyone wears them despite the fact just about everyone looks utterly ridiculous wearing them... It seems remarkably easy to control individuals yes.

Soldato
I live in South Wales and it's an epidemic down here. The other fashion is the ridiculous levels of face paint being applied. There is a pretty young woman at work she wears no or little makeup and why would you as an engineer in heavy industry. We went on a works night out and she was borderline unrecognisable she looked like a painted doll. Madness.

Associate
We went on a European flight recently and the 2 stewardesses both had dyed blonde hair and what looked like black caterpillars above their eyes.
They obviously thought they looked beautiful, lol

Man of Honour
Does seem to be a bit of a ridiculous phase at the moment. The fashion for them around 8-10 years ago had just enough of an organic aesthetic still to be pleasing IMO now so many seem over done.

One girl I know who has tattooed said she'd messed around with hers so much they don't grow properly any more :s

Girl at work in the office like this. Plucks and messes with them so much she barely has any anymore. Now she has to draw them on with a make up pencil and they look stupid.

V F

V F

Soldato
Oh my god, they make me irrationally angry. I'm glad someone feels the same way. I'd say most girls/women these days have completely ruined them with this microblading and HD brow nonsense. It absolutely blows my mind that they think it looks good.

Stuff like this...

S3QLSyn.png

ysI9r72.png

The razor blade down the middle look...

Mostly everyone wants to look like Kylie Jenner? That is what those eyebrows look like. HD brows? LOL!

These brows and the heavy orange tan is awful or any thick makeup. Ugh!

Soldato
Big money to be made though. My mate had just got into it, charging >£300 for micro blading (whatever that is). She already had a small studio so it's all profit.

Soldato
A huge part of the problem is that girls, especially younger, are constantly trying to out do each other...but never give honest opinions to each other about the mess they are making. They get an idea from a celeb/youtube..then try and copy it. All their girl mates tell them how awesome it looks. Cycle continues. If they started being more honest to each other we wouldn't have these frankenstein eyebrows at all.

Like that video above. It's an abomination what she does to her eyebrows...but who's gonna tell her that and how many will try and copy it.

Back
Top Bottom